Turbo Smoke

Is it any better now though?

Ummm kinda... the oil dipstick still says the oil is dirty, and it still burns oil (you can see it coming out of the exhaust manifold). The lifter tick has stopped though. I might put a drop or two more of some 20-50 in and see what happens. Im thinking that I should have seafomed the engine before changing my oil. Im still getting some blowby into the engine compartment, but the breather hose is severed I noticed. I went to AZ today, but they said there was nothing they could do or reccomend. So im in the process of building a new oil filter breather by removing the oil neck and putting in a twist on oil cap with a breather outlet, and I bought some 3/4 inch hose to attach to the filter box.

That should help some. As far as cleaning the engine you can get some CD2 detergent and add it to it. This should help clean out the passages and you can still drive the car. It won't hurt anything either. Change it out the next oil change.

what you can do is drill the pass valve cover and drivers valve cover and put a fitting in them and hook lines up to the intake tube to vent the crankcase. what you need to do is have someone here look at the car. what i would do is look for another motor and rebuild it with some performance parts and drop it in.

I know im gonna get flamed for this buuut.... You can also try a can of restore believe it or not it works the combination of it and lucas stopped my turbo seal from leaking when it was smoking(i thought it was the valve seals or a stuck piston ring) it took about two weekends worth of driving and the smoke quit..It came back slightly right before winter when i put the car away(2 years ago :mad: )

That should help some. As far as cleaning the engine you can get some CD2 detergent and add it to it. This should help clean out the passages and you can still drive the car. It won't hurt anything either. Change it out the next oil change.

CD2?:confused:

I know im gonna get flamed for this buuut.... You can also try a can of restore believe it or not it works the combination of it and lucas stopped my turbo seal from leaking when it was smoking(i thought it was the valve seals or a stuck piston ring) it took about two weekends worth of driving and the smoke quit..It came back slightly right before winter when i put the car away(2 years ago :mad: )

everytime I go to AZ i always see that stuff and wonder if it works.

what you can do is drill the pass valve cover and drivers valve cover and put a fitting in them and hook lines up to the intake tube to vent the crankcase. what you need to do is have someone here look at the car. what i would do is look for another motor and rebuild it with some performance parts and drop it in.

charlie and ken made a good point, I want to work on my own engine, but this engine in particular is kinda confusing as compared to my moms merc maarquis 252 v6.

Ya well do your research and ask questions so you dont make as many mistakes and once you learn it youll never forget it...Once you see how fast your buick can really go you will wonder what took you so long lol....!!!

I put a can of restore in the engine to hopefully seal up some rings, but I noticed while the car was running, i saw some black smoke coming from underneath the car. I bent down and it looked like it was coming from the crossover pipe and was dripping onto the exhaust and leaving a smoky spot on the exhaust and the car.

PS If you have a camera phone, I can send like 60 pics of my car including the engine compartment, running engine, headers, and much more.

If you have a camera phone send it to your email. Then you save them in a folder and post them. Aj does this to me all the time. That's how the pics of the inducer wheels were posted by me for him.

If you have a camera phone send it to your email. Then you save them in a folder and post them. Aj does this to me all the time. That's how the pics of the inducer wheels were posted by me for him.

I hope your still around, check out my full monty thread and see the pics:tongue:

I hope your still around, check out my full monty thread and see the pics:tongue:

Um...you do know what a "full monte" is don't you? That's not something I want to see unless it's an attractive lady.:biggrin: And you aint one.:eek: