Turbo Regals with Tow Bars

esinger

Stroker Hot Air
I just have to ask this question. How many of you guys have tow bars on the back of your Turbo Regals? I’ve personally seen two and just got a call from someone that they just saw a GN towing a wood chipper in the Raleigh, NC area.

Well, after the GN smokes someone the only respectable thing is to sent to the chipper. :tongue:

A friend of mine from Nashville used to tow his boat all the time. He never modded the car, because he didn't want to hurt its towing ability..... :)

Bob

A friend of mine from Nashville used to tow his boat all the time. He never modded the car, because he didn't want to hurt its towing ability..... :)

Everyone knows the GNX is the king of towing:eek:

I now can't wait to give more false information to people at the next car show. I'll say "Not only is the GNX a twin turbo secret government FBI interceptor, it can tow twice its weight".

On a local car forum someone asked for a tow hitch for a civic.

If a civic can tow then so can a GN.

There was a local GNX that used to be a commuter. It had a receiver for a hitch on it. I always wondered what he towed with a GNX.

Both my cars when I bought them already had a hitch on them. Both transmissions have been rebuilt. Supposedly the previous owners towed jet skis. On my GN before the tranny rebuild I towed an open lawnmower trailer a couple times. Pulled it just fine.

I'm stationed in Germany and you would be in for some laughs at the stuff they pull with their tiny cars. I'll break the camera out next time i'm on the autobahn.

I saw this one going into the racetrack at Reynolds last year.

I doubt it, but if he put it on the track I hope he had some tools in that wagon because people were breaking parts right and left. Reynolds HOOK!!!!

Attachments

• tranny parts 040.jpg
    tranny parts 040.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 199
I put one on my car for the move from NY to NC way back when (1995) ... I towed a 12 foot U-haul :eek: .... it did the job..

I still have in the shed if you want it ....let me know

Chris

I always used to see a guy towing his jet skis around Ocean City, MD with a n 87 GN!

Saw a GN pulling a enclosed race car trailer at Great Lakes dragway. He may have been local.Still strange.Another funny one was a AMC Eagle SX/4 pulling a Air Stream travel trailer of about 24ft. A couple of under dogs being put to the test.

A T that I bought many years ago had a receiver hitch on it.:confused: I removed it and put it in my shop. It's still there, buried behind some other s..., er stuff.:rolleyes:
John