Turbo problems

ericjimmysfla

I decided to rebuild my turbo I had front to back play ( guessing the thrust bearing went bad ) I rebuild the motor and trans it wouldn't make any sense to me if I left the turbo untouched. well here my problem the compressor wheel dig in to the housing, what are my options ?? do I leave it like that or do I replace it with a factory setup or do I go with something bigger?? im on a budget the motor and trans took all my funds. I ordered a rebuild kit on ebay with a 360 thrust bearing for $49 free shipping. do I need to get it balance after?? PLEASE HELP lol

Contact Bison. You just wasted $50.

X2 to what they both said. I just did this on a te44.it is now a paper weight. Start looking for a ta49.

List the rest of your combo before you go buy a turbo.

my motor is pretty much stock, 30 over forge piston, comp cams 212 212 cam 69-248-4, 29lbs bosch injectors. stock rods stock crank stock heads stock intake

Your gonna have to change the injectors for any turbo upgrade, plus a adequate fuel system, what converter is in the car? D5 stock you can use the ta49.. With that cam id go for a 2800 stall and a te44/60 imo.

Not exactly a good combo there. Cam's too big, injectors too small. It will be difficult to just replace a turbo and solve the combo's issues. Sure it will run but no where near optimal. Did you buy the car set up like this?

I got the car not really running, I never drove it. I got the car and took the motor and trans out. the guy I got it from took it in on a trade so he knew nothing about it. ive done a lot of work to it. new engine wiring harness, new pistons, new cam, new crank, new bearing, all new gaskets and hoses, complete rebuild on the heads, block was bored 30 over and the mains was line honed, rods was reconditioned. Im not looking to race just want a every day driver. im on a tight budget so I cant really afford $800 to $1000 on a turbo and injectors right now. I just want to get it running put a couple thousand miles on it before I do any big horse power mods

Better just get a stock turbo from Bison and run 14lbs of boost. Too bad you went with that cam. No good for the rest of your build.