Turbo oil supply line???

eman035

I just bought a turbo oil supply line from postons, the one on the car now was custom made and it rubs the hood insulation when you close it. The one that is on there now runs from the front of the engine right by the top of the oil pump and up to the turbo. The one I got from postons does not work in that same place, it almost looks like it could go to the back of the block. Anyone know where this line hooks up and how to install it? Thanks for the help.

Eric

I don't know how the line could hit the hood unless you have a really weird setup. It should go from the front/side of the block at the brass adaptor/oil pressure switch to the turbo. I made my own steel braided line for about the same price as the aftermarket lines and it looks better, to me at least.

The line hits the hood because the person who made it bent it up too high and then brought it down to the top of the turbo. Maybe I am missing an adapter on the turbo like a 90 degree fitting or something I don't know. I would really like to put a steel braided line on but I don't have the equipment to make one. Anyone know where I can get one made or somewhere they sell them for our cars? I already asked postons when I ordered the stock line if they have one, they said they only have one for the 86/87. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eric

I had a steel braided line made at a local hose supply warehouse. Just took my original line in to make sure I got the right fittings and the length was correct.

It was pretty inexpensive.

Andrew

I think thats what i'll do. Its gonna look much better with that braided line on there. Just need to find a shop now. Thanks for the help.

Eric