Turbo oil pressure guage?

nickd2689

is there any kind of aftermarket electrical sensor that i could install between the end of the oil feed line and the turbo so i could display oil pressure to the turbo? Im kinda paranoid that after oil changes and whatnot that i wouldnt know if i had an turbo oil problem. anyone heard of anything like this? id rather not run an oil line inside the car to the back of a guage.

where the turbo oil line comes out of the block, there should be a brass T.

One end goes to the turbo oil line, and on the other there should be the oil dummy light sensor.

Buy a brass T to fit into the other brass T where the Oil dummy sensor used to be. Put dummy sensor in one side of 2nd brass T and oil pressure gauge fitting to the other.

:D A.j.

It’s a hydraulic system; and if you’ve got 5 PSI on one side; you’ll have 5 PSI on the other.

The only way you can change the pressure is to cause a volume restriction at one side. The oil feed line kind’a does this for you; along with all of the brass T’s and fittings along the way. Adding another T between the feed line and the turbo could possibly reduce the flow to the turbo.