Turbo Motion Group purchase guys please READ!!!!

Originally posted by tjhgn85
I am still working out the details with Jay on what to do with eveyone that wants to wait till next year for this. I can speak for the 5 or so that want to do it by end of Oct, and that we don't want to wait till June of next year. I want mine done by June so I can be driving my car all summer! I am seeing if he can split the group purchase for all of us for part this year and part next year.

Now if you want to get your own then be my guest. Can't say that didn't piss me off cause. Tracking everyone who wants to be in this is a pain in the ass. If guys are gonna do that to me I'll pay the extra $200 and order it myself and forget the group purchase. I was doing this with everyone in mind
Tim

No, no, I think something got lost in there. I didn't mean it like that - you're tracking everyone who is in, either for this year or next. I'm just suggesting those who'd like to be in for next years purchase be certain that they'll be in. It would really suck to have a good 8 or so people and then have it nosedive by a bunch of "maybes". I mean, planning is one thing, but going trough with it is another, and it is a lot of money to spend. I'm thinking maybe if us "next year" guys can figure if we're REALLY going to buy one FOR SURE, then we'll know who's in for next year. Hey, Jay needs to make some cash too, and having a list of 12 maybe's (hypothetical) isn't going to help either him or you. I, for one, appreciate the organisation you've put into this and will definately be in for whatever is organised for next year. I was just addressing the fact that several said "may/june", so we should plan our next year purchase to come in around that time frame, so all of the next year guys will be ready to go all at once.

I'm with mike on this one. And yes tjhgn85, you've been doing a great job, I know it isn't easy -- keep it up! Thanks.

I'll be able to answer the question of whether I'm in or not sometime early next year (jan/feb at the earliest). Hope it works out.

Dave

Guys sorry i have been away for awhile, doing alot of volunteer work for New York for a couple of weeks. I talked to Jay and looks like we got 6 people for the end of this month and 8 or more for next year. Jay wanted at least 8 but looks like he is still going to do it for 6 of us. But no less. I will email details to the 6 of us right after this. If anyone has been forgotten or changed their mind's let me know. tjhgn85@home.com

Tim

Well it just seems everyone is backing out of this like leaves falling off a tree. Jay warned me. He has had alot of people say yeah I want one but then when it comes down to it they can't find their wallet. I know it cost's money and I know all of us want it! But if you don't have the cash then don't shop I guess. The Oct group is down to 5 people now, acutally I only have 2 people that have confirmed............ so I just lost 2 months on this project trying to work this out..... sorry just venting. Am just gonna wait till the end of Oct and if nothing changes I will just order one for myself......fyi to the next year group.

Tim

Sorry, did I miss something here....?

Who is no longer in the Oct group ? If one dropped back, maybe we could scrape up another guy...to bring us back to the 6...OR....if we can't get 6 guys...why not wait till Jan or so ?

I know that I won't be driving my car this winter 'cause the snow will be blocking the
garage !!!! I don't know where all the others live but i'm sure not all of them will be on the
road this winter. Plus...it'll give me something to do this winter to keep warm....haha

Some of the guys here said Jan, Feb or early next year...maybe if we can't get 6 or better now...(Jay said at least 6 right?) it might be worth the wait. Your efforts have not been for nothing...trust me. I live in Canada where our dollar goes about as far as 1 wipe. The price of this kit (without group) is almost COST PROHIBITIVE for me.

HANG IN THERE tjhgn85.... i'm still with you.

;)

Thanks HOTSIX, kinda needed that. Yeah at the top of this post is the update on who is in. I am with you, mine will be up for the winter at the end of this month. I was just wanting it by Nov time frame to start in Dec/Jan......... at first I had 10 guys say yeah I'm in so that got me planning for early winter project. But then alot guys backed out till Feb of next year......... which is cool. money is always tight, it just bumbed me out. So yeah lets wait till the end of Oct and I can talk to jay about waiting till Feb and see if we can get the other guys in on it then.

Tim

Last week in Oct send half, and then when Jay ships send the other half. Let me know :)

Tim

TM

I hate to appear stupid, but what is half. If it's in the 600 - 700 range, I can handle it.
And how soon do you forsee thebalance due? About Two, four, six or eight weeks?
Knowing these would really help on whether I can swing it.

With winter here at 7000 feet above sea level, the GN stays parked most of the time, so like others it would be a great time to do the change.

Thanks.

So Tim...what's the latest on this deal ?

I didn't reply to your e-mail as yet (sorry) but I figured you knew I was in by my last post in this thread. I'm wondering a couple things...

1. Shipping....I know I asked before...but what's the weight and size again ? I gotta check price of shipping as well. Geez...my ATR headers, up-pipe and DP cost me 350 bones CDN !!! Talk about UPS sticker shock at my door step. Mind you that was a LARGE box that stuff came in.

2. Assembly....Think we could get Jay to throw in the minor itsy bitsy's like intake gasket and 2 grommets etc ? I mean the cost of that is very minimal and i'd even be willing to pay a couple bucks extra (if it was necessary) to have it all in front of me so to cut down runs out to Home Depot and extra hassle getting this other stuff etc....

3. How many guys are gettin' on board ? Come on guys....GIDDYUP ! We all wanna go faster or perform better for different reasons. Let's show Jay the appreciation he deserves for all his R&D on this project. I mean i'm up here in Canada where your dollar is worth ALMOST TWICE ours !!!! If I can afford to do it up then some more of you should try extra hard to get in. I'm wondering how much longer the opportunity will present itself for us HOTAIR bunch....who knows...case in point - S&S Turboregal closing (so i've read)......ya just never know is all i'm saying.

When opportunity knocks - ya gotta answer !

I agree hotsix. I was looking over the gntperformance catelog and it has some nice pics of the TM IC kit. And wow Jay put together an amazing add-on for our cars. The trottle cables, and little things like that are really something most people don't consider, but it's all necessary! And with such great things being said about the kit it's amazing every hot air guy doesn't already have one :) I'm aiming to get one next season. REALLY hoping I can get the money together.

Hope it all works out.

Dave

I am definetly still in for next year guys. spring is real good as I would like to be up and running while it is still cool in Texas.

Well guys the update is that we have these 5 in on it:
tjhgn85 - yes (End of Oct)
national84 - yes (End of Oct)
HOTSIX - yes (End of Oct)
Byron Jayne - yes (End of Oct)
85t-type yes (End of Oct)

Only 3 are CONFIRMED. Half is $650. regradless if your doing it you have to have $1250.00. If you can't do half then there will be a problem. Jay could not say on a time frame do to what orders he would have at the time and not knowing how many people would be going in on it. Once I have those numbers then he could tell me. But this aint gonna happen with 3 people I can tell you that.

I did not discuss the little itsy bitsy parts with him, I will if this thing goes thru. Good idea, I would like to have everything in front of me as well. Just trying to give this to the end of Oct to see if the other guys will jump on it.