Turbo Impala SS Quarter Mile Result

65malibuss

I raced the Impala at Englishtown last night:

ET = 13.64 seconds
MPH = 99
60' = 1.99
Weight = 4160 lbs (with me in it and spare tire, jack and tools in trunk)
BFG Drag Radials with 30 psi
Stock 3:08 gears
Stock Buick intercooler
17 psi boost
Pump gas
~ 4-5 psi turbo boost on launch

Do the ET, MPH and 60' seem to correlate with each other?
What do you think the car will be able to run with aftermarket intercooler, 3:42 gears, race gas and 25 lbs boost?

those 3.08's are killing your MPH.
Definitely go with 3.42's or maybe even 3.73's (larger car with more weight). 61 turbo seems a bit big...but then you do have 2 more cylinders to spool it up. MPH seems a bit low for the turbo and boost you are running. I would have expected around 105 mph from that combo.

2 more cylinders

I have a Turbo Buick V6 109 short block and 2004r transmission.
I will get gears very soon - my street tires are 27" diameter so the 3:73 gears shouldn't hurt me too much on the highway.
My engine has the Speedpro / TRW hypereutectic 0.030" over pistons and I read somewhere on this forum that they may result in a lower compression ratio, which may affect the power output compared to the same turbo and boost on a stock unrebuilt engine.
I was also running a little rich to stay safe since this was the first time I raced it.
My o2 millivolts on the scanmaster after the run were something like 810.

IMO, I think that is a good time considering the gears and weight. Remember most TR's weigh around 3500lbs. Thats 600lbs less than yours. In theory, that is 6 tenths and 6 mph. So a GN with that combo would be 13 flat at 105. I say get some 3.42's before the intercooler. My car went 12.4 @ 109 with stock turbo and intercooler with race gas, 23 lbs of boost and 28# of timing.

What RPM's is your car at in 3rd geat at the line? Do you have a stock cam?

A buddy of mine's car went 11.8 with a TA60 with race gas and 26 lbs of boost. This was with race gas and an intercooler and a half. I think his car did 1.8 60's. His long block was basically stock (stock heads, cam, intake...no porting.) You have a slightly bigger turbo, so I would say your car should be able to do mid 12's considering the 600lb weight difference. Good Luck!

RPM at Line

I don't have a tach hooked up yet other than the scanmaster - I guess I can set that on rpm and watch it at the end of the track.
I have a stock cam.
I'm basically building the car the same way my father built his GN, which runs 11.7 at 115, with a TA61, PTE stock mount IC, 50 lb injectors, 3:42 gears, slicks, 3000 non lu converter, race gas, 25 lbs boost.
I also figured I should be about 6 tenths slower than him with the same mods which would be around 12.3 - 12.5.
I would be happy with that for a while.

10 sec caddy 3980 lbs

Toms 03 cts at US 41 went 10.82 on drag radials, with a 1.9 60 ft,That car is a tank ,curb weight is 3800.