turbo help / suggestions needed

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Just pick up a 87 t-type thats prety much stock and im thinking about some performance upgrades, it has a new / refurbished stock turbo, how far can i go with the stock unit ? plans are just a strong street car that can hold its own and can beat up on the new performance cars out now. I also plan on either getting a alky kit or changing up the fuel system and running E85, just need to know if this stock turbo can get the job done or if i should be looking for an upgrade. a new fuel pump with hot wire kit, fuel press regulator, fuel pump and injectors are already fitted into my budget just trying to figure out which turbo and if im going alky or e85 before i start ordering parts.

. . . . plans are just a strong street car that can hold its own and can beat up on the new performance cars out now. . . .
IMO, you need to narrow the scope. There are 250 -700 hp cars out, capable of teens and 180mph in fairly stock format. :)

Well don't know where I need to be HP wise but I guess something capable of running high 11's - very low 12's

IMO . . . you should tune and test the car, to max out the current setup before thinking about a turbo upgrade. In the end it will take much more than a simple turbo upgrade to keep up with the new cars.

Well I do plan on testing and tuning the car but as is its new to me so I know things like the fuel pump need to be changed, also has stock injectors and some wierd old school chip. All of that is getting changed out ASAP but what I'm trying to do is replace them with parts that will meet my performance goals without just wasting money by getting the biggest of everything out.

You can get very low 12's out of the stock turbo fairly easy just make sure your Fuel system can keep up and is up to date.. That alone should take out any stock 5th gen Camaro and most others.

just need to know if this stock turbo can get the job done or if i should be looking for an upgrade
fastest stock motor/stock turbo car is ed brewer running 11.3 on pump gas alky.there are several people who have dipped into the 11's on the stocker.you will have to get the transmission built and loosen the converter,that and a killer tune with a good hook and driver.