Turbo header..

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
tubing choices??
Am beginning a build on a set of truck exh manifolds and a T4 mount.
Next is a set of tubular headers w/ a T4 and then a set w/ the T6 flange.
Am looking at 1 5/8" tubing for the T4, to be targeted at 4.8/5.3 engine sizes.
1 3/4" tubing for the 6.0 and stroker engines.
X overs on all systems will be 2 1/2".

NE thots on the accuracy of the choices???

You going to mass produce for the rest of us :)

Could be..:D I have access to mandrel bending. I'd like to proto some kits, have them digitized, and bent in as few pieces as possible...
Next step is to get an empty body, with the inner fenders, core support and firewall. That should pretty well allow for the fitment w/ AC, etc.
I have the Vette, F body, and truck ft accessory drives, so I can clear whatever is necessary for a particular engine.

Could be..:D I have access to mandrel bending. I'd like to proto some kits, have them digitized, and bent in as few pieces as possible...
Next step is to get an empty body, with the inner fenders, core support and firewall. That should pretty well allow for the fitment w/ AC, etc.
I have the Vette, F body, and truck ft accessory drives, so I can clear whatever is necessary for a particular engine.

Subscribing...very interested in a set.

Small tubing is the way to go. 2.5 crossover is a good idea. If you go bigger and the motor isn't humming, it won't spool unless the turbo is tiny. FYI if you are doing the divided T6 flange from two 2.5" pipes, it's pretty easy to form the 2.5s so they each of them will fit into the flange.