Turbo Control Center

LilSpann601

well i finally got my hands on a turbo control center and distrubtor and im bout to get ready to install them but i had one quick question can someone tell me does the plug in the right lower hand corner plug into a knock sensor or is that funny made rod squared thing the knock sensor or accelemeter

well i finally got my hands on a turbo control center and distrubtor and im bout to get ready to install them but i had one quick question can someone tell me does the plug in the right lower hand corner plug into a knock sensor or is that funny made rod squared thing the knock sensor or accelemeter

heres the pic

Attachments

• kkkkk.JPG
    kkkkk.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 140
According to the 78 Buick technician turbo training manual the square plug in the bottom right goes to the engine harness and the other one next to it goes to the detonation (knock) sensor.

According to the 78 Buick technician turbo training manual the square plug in the bottom right goes to the engine harness and the other one next to it goes to the detonation (knock) sensor.

well i dont have the engine harness is the square plug just a positive and a ground??? is it anyway i can just wire it up and how would that little rod with the block connect to a knock sensor does it just snap on top of it????

Rich, I've got the 80 knock box and need the diagram. Do you have one you can post please. Service # 16011822

just a thought, the little rod you are talking about could be the pin off the knock sensor it was removed from stuck in the plug, I have experienced these breaking if you are not careful. otherwise the plug connects on top of the sensor.