Turbo Cliff's Beasts @ Sound Performance

I noticed that Sound Performance put there name on pics of that car posted it every where but did no work to the car :confused:

The white car was on the dyno at their shop the same time they were working on the black car and Reid took some pics of the cars together... big deal. For the white car, SP didn't build it, but they have certainly helped me out with it. Yes BBRC did the turbokit, Speed Service did the motor, engine management is XFI that my friend Joey is helping me with the tuning, and Cal Hartline provides technical support, but you already know all of this. :rolleyes:

But it was a big deal to me I have a big heart but thanks for the info :D

No reason to get bent out of shape. I meant no harm by it whatsoever. Watermarking pictures is nothing new. Noodles did all the fab work for the turbo kit on the white car and I don't mean to take any credit from him. I just wanted to share some pictures we took.

Reid

Cliff- What kind of shifter is that in the GN?

Is the red button for the transbrake?

Looking for a new shifter and that Hurst looks perfect.

Any mods needed to make it fit?

Cliff- What kind of shifter is that in the GN?

Is the red button for the transbrake?

Looking for a new shifter and that Hurst looks perfect.

Any mods needed to make it fit?

Reid is correct, its a B&M quicksilver ratching shifter. I actually since this photo removed it and installed a stock GN shifter in the car, and put the B&M in my white car (since it had a stock shifter) but will be replacing it over the winter, if you want this one shoot me a PM. The only mods required to install was some trimming of the plastics inside the center console beneath the shifter plate.

would you give details on rear tire/wheel package? (tire size wheel size and bs)

White T : 15X10 weld pro stars with 5.5" BS and Hoosier 275-60-15 Drag Radials (frame notched)
GN : 15X8.5 weld RTs with 4" BS and MT 255-60-15 Drag Radials (no frame notch)

White T : 15X10 weld pro stars with 5.5" BS and Hoosier 275-60-15 Drag Radials (frame notched)
GN : 15X8.5 weld RTs with 4" BS and MT 255-60-15 Drag Radials (no frame notch)
They would have to be the 15X9" wide but what back spacing is he running? Id want to run the 28X10.5X15 Slicks in the rear The low brake Clarence one are the only ones that come in this size per jegs also. Here is a link Weld Racing RT-S Low Pad Black Wheels - JEGS Im thinking of running these on my new to me T ;) Looks like a bad AZZ wheel and cheaper than some of the others out there.

More pics of the white car please?

How much frame was notched out for that combo? It looks perfect.

Any more info on the ProEFI set up? Do they make a plug and play set-up or is this a custom setup?

Custom install done by Sound Performance. Seen the car in person and it is nice. Cliff said that the help feature is very nice when learning to use the system. It really give you an understanding of the parameters.

More pics of the white car please?

How much frame was notched out for that combo? It looks perfect.

Few pics below. The frame is notched a little past the seam (in the middle), so it is about 1/2" further in than the inner wheel tubs, and the tubs are stock, but influenced by rubber mallet a bit. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 314760_159262620829800_143663375723058_287543_1212855384_n.jpg
    314760_159262620829800_143663375723058_287543_1212855384_n.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 420
  • 227967_10150164974852918_660942917_6877445_2194175_n.jpg
    227967_10150164974852918_660942917_6877445_2194175_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 227
  • grudge_4-29-11_fri_123_copy.jpg
    grudge_4-29-11_fri_123_copy.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 234
  • grudge_4-29-11_fri_124_copy.jpg
    grudge_4-29-11_fri_124_copy.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 237
Any more info on the ProEFI set up? Do they make a plug and play set-up or is this a custom setup?

To my knowledge, while ProEFI doesn't currently have a plug and play adapter harness in stock, they do have all of the pinout information to build the adapter harness, and would only need a customer to order it and they could get the OEM plug from Caspers electronics and build the adapter harness to ship out with the Pro128 ECU.

Custom install done by Sound Performance. Seen the car in person and it is nice. Cliff said that the help feature is very nice when learning to use the system. It really give you an understanding of the parameters.

True and True. Every screen / map / chart in the proefi software has a help tab that you can open with detailed explinations of the features and perameters as well as pointers to guide your tuning. Larry at Sound Performance did the initial tuning on the car, and he did an awsome job. I have only made minor changes myself which was mostly adjustments to two step rev limiter, launch boost and boost control through the turbo control features, and mess around with cold start changes, and a few little things here and there just to get familiar with the system. So far have put about 1200 miles on it, and it runs like a top and extreemly consistant. Driven it to a few different tracks in the area ran 10.30s@129-130mph and driven home.

Only issue I have with the car is the converter which I will upgrade to a PTC over the winter... right now the car blows through it bad, runs the numbers above at 26psi, and when I try to turn it up it just blows through the converter more... did the same on the dyno. There is definitely more in it once I plant a PTC in the trans... but for now I am still very pleased with the results.