Turbo Choice

turboz4life

Building a max effort V6 and need some guidance choosing a turbo. Car will be mostly for street use but when on the track I'd like 8 second potential. Basic outline of the combo will be:

270 inch TA block, all forged
Ported GN1 heads and intake
Hydraulic roller cam
TA headers, 4 bolt
RJC 5" Downpipe
PTC 9.5
Fast XFI

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gen 2 CEA 76/75. Pm me and I'll quote it for you.

Sent from my iphone while taking a dump

Building a max effort V6 and need some guidance choosing a turbo. Car will be mostly for street use but when on the track I'd like 8 second potential. Basic outline of the combo will be:

270 inch TA block, all forged
Ported GN1 heads and intake
Hydraulic roller cam
TA headers, 4 bolt
RJC 5" Downpipe
PTC 9.5
Fast XFI

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Similar build here. TA block, Crower crank (3.625), Crower rods (6.300), Diamond Pistons (9.5:1), TA SE heads and cam done by Chris Hogeland (Twisted6), 4 bolt TA headers, distributor, crank trigger, XFI..... Not a big fan of Precision, but many people on here use it and like it. I'm using a Borg Warner (S400 7681) Should definitely check them out. Reed at Works will tell you everything you need to know. Very helpful. Good luck.

Similar build here. TA block, Crower crank (3.625), Crower rods (6.300), Diamond Pistons (9.5:1), TA SE heads and cam done by Chris Hogeland (Twisted6), 4 bolt TA headers, distributor, crank trigger, XFI..... Not a big fan of Precision, but many people on here use it and like it. I'm using a Borg Warner (S400 7681) Should definitely check them out. Reed at Works will tell you everything you need to know. Very helpful. Good luck.

I've always been curious about BW. Very few Buick guys seem to use it, but on other makes they seem to pull a ton of power. I'll keep them in mind when it comes time to make my choice, thank you.

If you read the Stage 2 forum you'll see many of threads about people using Borg Warner turbos. People on this board like Precision because Precision makes the Buick housing so It's pretty much plug & pray.....Borg Warner and Garrett don't so it makes for some extra work/$$$, but it's worth it. I know this will start a shit storm, but oh well..... And don't get me wrong, for many a people have gone pretty fast with Precision turbos, but I've also known to many people over the years that have had issues with brand new Precision turbo's when they shouldn't. Talk to some people and do some research. I would especially talk to Reed at Works and Forced Induction. Both are in Alabama.

If you read the Stage 2 forum you'll see many of threads about people using Borg Warner turbos. People on this board like Precision because Precision makes the Buick housing so It's pretty much plug & pray.....Borg Warner and Garrett don't so it makes for some extra work/$$$, but it's worth it. I know this will start a shit storm, but oh well..... And don't get me wrong, for many a people have gone pretty fast with Precision turbos, but I've also known to many people over the years that have had issues with brand new Precision turbo's when they shouldn't. Talk to some people and do some research. I would especially talk to Reed at Works and Forced Induction.
Both are in Alabama.

2000 Dodge Neon Second Generation - 1 of 147,743, 2.0 16 valve SOHC (non magnum), 132 hp, 14" rims, plastic hub caps, SS valve stem caps, K&N air filter, Rain X windshield wipers, SS exhaust tip, after market gas cap, halo headlights, garage kept, only 181,632 miles.
Dogo Argentino

Ditch the S/S valve stem caps in favor of plastic ones that have been smoothed and polished. that will save you 1.935 grams and pick .000009 tenths in the quarter.

Hey every little bit helps and I'm just trying to hook a brother up!!!

Ditch the S/S valve stem caps in favor of plastic ones that have been smoothed and polished. that will save you 1.935 grams and pick .000009 tenths in the quarter.

Hey every little bit helps and I'm just trying to hook a brother up!!!

You know I tried that, but I just couldn't get them to shine like the SS. And I want my stuff not only fast, but pretty too..... Thanks for the tip, though.