Turbo Buicks @ Race Rock Orlando Apr 22

batmansbuick

Superhero
We are coming up on the annual Race Rock gathering in Orlando on Sat. Apr 22nd. Last year we had 48 cars and we are looking to break that number this year. For pics of last years show go to....

http://www.geocities.com/centralfloridabuick/racerock.html

The Race Rock restaurant is located south of Orlando on International Dr., this is not a judged show, just a casual gathering of Turbo Buick owners and friends, if you don't think your car is 'show worthy' who cares, bring it. We want to see everything, and help everyone who needs advice or tips. All TR's, 89 TTA's and anything with an LC2 Transplant is welcome!

We will also have a raffle, reserved parking for Turbo Buicks and have Buick memorabilia on display, don't miss out. The gathering begins at 11am - 4pm, click on the attachment to print out a flyer.

Attachments

• RaceRock06.jpg
    RaceRock06.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 247
CAN'T WAIT REALLY HOPE THIS YEAR IS BIGGER THEN LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD :D :D :D

I'm gonna try and come, if the old girl will make it there........and I can stand listening to an engine knock. Sheesh!

I need a REAL mechanic this time!

DissT said:
Kevin at KDK is removing my knock.

http://www.kdkperformance.com/

May have to go se him. A BRIEF history.

MY GN, which I've owned since 91 and was still a virgin unopened engine was taken to a "reputable"" shop in Maryland to have the trans looked at. While test driving my car, the guy popped the headgaskets. He said they'd fix it, put in new gaskets, and the engine developed a knock. Trash got in the bearings, obviously.

So, about this time I'm getting packed to move to Florida, and the car is not ready to travel. I leave it with him to do a complete rebuild. Crank turned, new bearings, timing change oil pump, yada yada..

Anyway, about 5 months ago I go back up there to get it, drive it to the AutoTrain station, seems good although I heard a light tick in the motor which he swore was the flywheel. I was sceptical, but just wanted to get my damned car home. Got off the train at Sanford and drove it to Kissimmee, by which point the tick/chatter is becooming more noticeable especally at certain RPMs.

I've taken it out to cruise aruond several times since. I get a brief knock on startup until the oil circulates, and then once she's warmed up I've got engine chater at around 2500 RPMs, and a knock guage that likes to run into the red at only around 5 lbs of boost (light throttle). Floor the damned thing and I hardly get any knock and the car takes off like a bat outta hell. (Traction permitting)

I was so disgusted, I've ignored the girl for a month or so now, and just decided I don't have the time to mess with her.....but soon......

Sorry to hear about your troubles, definetly gets frustrating. My engine sounded about the same as you described so I cut open the oil filter and wala, silver metal shavings. The engine had just been redone by a previous owner according to them a few weeks ago.

Anyway good luck with your GN and hope everything works out ok.

I think I'll make the trip on the 22nd to Orlando now that I'm back in my home state of FL :D Hopefully the car stays together until then, and gets me there and back.

Trying to get a bunch of South Florida cars to Caravan..... If not I'll be there :biggrin: I havent been to one since I brought my 3k org mile WE4 back in 2000.. Look forward to it!

I remember that car, one of the nicest I've ever seen. Currently, I think we have 3 WE4's in the club. One member is in TN, the other two should be at RR.

Hello.

I will be bringing my collection of almost 100 turbo buick model cars to sell at the meet. As well as some of my Turbo Buick articles on CD-ROM CD's.

I have a 1985 cutlass that I need parts for. I am looking for a Buick or Cutlass center console and a set of the four chrome pivot peices that go on the sides of the bucket seats.

If you have these and can bring them to the show, please email me at jsta6@bellsouth.net.

I'm probably not gonna be able to make it the way things are going today. I got off the phone with JD to say I'd be late leaving Englewood, and then I called one of my friends in Orlando to tell him I was gonna be coming up there and he says, "I thought you were coming up next weekend?" So, it turns out a bunch of my friends are gonna come down from Orlando to Englewood...How can I turn down fishing and trap shooting with friends I've known since 6th grade!?! Weather.com says it will be a great day for being outside anywhere you go in FL! Sunny and 85 - Have fun guys/gals and drive safe! Wish I could be in two places at once...