Turbo Buick Wagons?

78turboregal

Has anyone ever seen, or built a Turbo Buick station wagon? You know, take a Regal or Century wagon, swap the front clip and drivetrain from a GN or T-Type, paint it black, add the appropriate wheels and emblems, and created a GN Wagon?

Just wondering....

I seen a turbo station wagon run at Bristol last year, if i remember it was in the 12 sec range.....

Check this one out (see link below):
http://geocities.com/jamesbanning/events/gmhtp/

It was taken at the 5th annual GM HighTech Performance shootout last fall. I think he was there with the Cotton guys. It was a total sleeper, right down to the 195 whitewalls, hubcaps, and kids seat!! He was running 12.50's on pump gas and 25.1 pounds of boost.

SWEET!!

-Banning.

I can't open that page. Is it just me?

another thing... would a 81-87 front clip bolt up to a 78-80 wagon?

Yeah, GM actually built one back in the late '80s. I think it was in an old issue of Car and Driver.

Originally posted by TRBON8R
Yeah, GM actually built one back in the late '80s. I think it was in an old issue of Car and Driver.

That was a full size wagon, not a Regal/Century. The Regal/Century wagons were like Sedans. I'm not sure if a two-door front clip will bolt to a sedan/wagon body without a little work.

The early 80s Regal wagon looked more like the boxy style Malibu and Malibu wagons, along with the late 70s early 80s El Camino's...The front clip off of the 82-7 Regals(GN/TRs) aren't just a swap on and drive type of swap...I think there is major sectioning of the front fenders to get the body lines to line up...But when it's done right, it looks really, really good...

I have a turbo drive train in an '81 Elky. The fender lines from the Regal are several inches off. I have an '87 Elky as well but I decided I like the looks of the '81 better so I am not going to change things around for the GN look.

Hey guys-
I have a 79 Malibu wagon with an 87 GN drivetrain in it complete intercooler to rear. That thing turns many heads, surprises a lot of people. it also has GN wheels and the GN dash, and everything works including the AC! Lots of fun to drive, good luck with your cars!

Originally posted by Chevymd38
Hey guys-
I have a 79 Malibu wagon with an 87 GN drivetrain in it complete intercooler to rear. That thing turns many heads, surprises a lot of people. it also has GN wheels and the GN dash, and everything works including the AC! Lots of fun to drive, good luck with your cars!

Cool! Got any pics?:cool:

Hey
Yeah I got plenty of pics, some recently from the track too, but I don't have a page or anything. They're on my computer if you want me to email them to you. I don't know if I can post pictures to this board or whatever since I don't have a site. Just give me a holler at matthew.dwyer@verizon.net and I can shoot some pics over.

I remember in an old issue of Cars Illustrated, great mag at the time, they had a factory built Estate wagon with 3.8 turbo. It even had the woodgrain on the sides..I think it ran in the 14's if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by Turbosix6
I remember in an old issue of Cars Illustrated, great mag at the time, they had a factory built Estate wagon with 3.8 turbo. It even had the woodgrain on the sides..I think it ran in the 14's if I remember correctly.

I think that was the same car the Buick engineers had at the GS Nats several years ago.