Turbo Buick performance 200r4

dmorgan

I really have to give David Husek of Turbo Buick Performance all the credit he is due.
He just installed one of his 200r4 transmissions with a pro torque converter in my 87 GN and it has now become an animal and a totally different car. He meant everything he said because his unit performed as advertised. He was so very reasonable, and fast – the turnaround was less than a week. I can’t wait to hit e-town, shifting the two – three is instant and that is remarkable. Dave really knows his business – Thanks again!!!!!!! :)

how much

He really did the right thing, and he had a 1200.00 special, normally it would cost 1395.00. The right thing I mean more than the price, I needed another 2/3 hub and sprags and he included that and came to my house and installed the unit with me and broke it in. He also got me a great price for the pro torque converter. I really trust this guy and his work does the talking.
Give him a call..

I really have to give David Husek of Turbo Buick Performance all the credit he is due.
He just installed one of his 200r4 transmissions with a pro torque converter in my 87 GN and it has now become an animal and a totally different car. He meant everything he said because his unit performed as advertised. He was so very reasonable, and fast – the turnaround was less than a week. I can’t wait to hit e-town, shifting the two – three is instant and that is remarkable. Dave really knows his business – Thanks again!!!!!!! :)

Thank you Dan,

I created a program for these transmissions 16+ years ago, I had taken a vacation from building these transmissions for many years for health reasons, but they do work as I describe. There is no 2-3 flair and the drivability is great with positive shifts....I have had many customers going low 10's with hundreds of passes with no problems and it was done without any of the current day high dollar fancy parts...

See you at the car shows

Dave

My reply to this post is not to discredited Dave Husek of Turbo Buick Performance.However when I hear "ares ,mares ,koukounares " I must step up and voice my opinion.I would never accept the fact that my time and energy as well as others on this forum ,developing parts was something that was not needed to bridge the gap between live and die for these transmission components and just for the sake of generating cash.I dont believe that there are any current high dollar fancy parts available for the 2004r transmission that arent necessary for a 10 second car.This is not 10 years ago.It is now.As these original cores rack up mileage the parrallellism of the internal parts is reduced ,resulting in comprosed integrity of the component life and its ability to transmist torque.Turbo technology and tuning has outpaced the transmissions design and structural limitations mandating it necessary for all of us around here to constantly update and upgrade each part that lives inside the confines of the 2004r tranmsission case so that people can continue to push the envelope.

In all my years of testing, I have found that building the Trans to the customer’s application has given me positive results. The drivability and durability combined with positive shifts has been excellent. I have a proven system. Contact me directly for more info...

David Husek<O:p

My trans kicks ass with no billet parts and I race and beat it ruthlessly!!!!!
Thanks Dave
P.S. Double:p :p

In all my years of testing, I have found that building the Trans to the customer’s application has given me positive results. The drivability and durability combined with positive shifts has been excellent. I have a proven system. Contact me directly for more info...

David Husek<O:p

David,
"Back in the day";) (mid 90`s or so) I talked to you about doing a trans for me. You were one of the few guys with a rep with 2004R`s before the "net thing" happened.
Glad to see you still got it!:)
-Brian

David,
"Back in the day";) (mid 90`s or so) I talked to you about doing a trans for me. You were one of the few guys with a rep with 2004R`s before the "net thing" happened.
Glad to see you still got it!:)
-Brian

Thank you Brian....

Dave, Do you run slicks or transbrake? What ET's have you run?

I run very low elevens with a street slick with no brake. The only time I used a brake was in my race car and going down into the eights. This new set up allows me told hold back the car with more boost, the converter is a good match. Give Dave a call he knows his stuff.:smile:

My reply to this post is not to discredited Dave Husek of Turbo Buick Performance...<SNIP>

Really? 'Cause that's what it sounds like to me...thread crapping. Not everyone has three grand to drop on a transmission. If I had an infinte bank account I'd have billet everything, but I live here in the real world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have people doing R&D and developing new and better parts...just don't crap on those that cannot or do not spend thousands on billet parts.

Really? 'Cause that's what it sounds like to me...thread crapping. Not everyone has three grand to drop on a transmission. If I had an infinte bank account I'd have billet everything, but I live here in the real world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have people doing R&D and developing new and better parts...just don't crap on those that cannot or do not spend thousands on billet parts.

We are both obviously the prime expamle of this! There will always be someone to take a fools money. All the billet parts and craziness are just not necessary for a street/strip driver - and if they were in that type car you just couldn't and wouldn't enjoy the drive anymore. That's what makes guys turn beautiful cars into gutted track cars, I have been there.
Turbo Buick Performance didn't run any games on me and were more than fair.

What you guys dont know is that I know Dave very well.He even called for some of those "high dollar fancy parts" that arenty necessary for a 2004r 2days ago.There is no point in arguing with anyone on this forum.It is here for us to gain knowledge and voice our opinions regarding transmissions.That is why it is called transmission talk.If I was afraid of loosing business I wouldnt have wrote the 200 page manual on the trans.We have sold 1500 plus copies.I commend,(not ass kiss) anybody building transmissions for a living.It is a tough business.

What you guys dont know is that I know Dave very well.He even called for some of those "high dollar fancy parts" that arenty necessary for a 2004r 2days ago.There is no point in arguing with anyone on this forum.It is here for us to gain knowledge and voice our opinions regarding transmissions.That is why it is called transmission talk.If I was afraid of loosing business I wouldnt have wrote the 200 page manual on the trans.We have sold 1500 plus copies.I commend,(not ass kiss) anybody building transmissions for a living.It is a tough business.

For a known vendor to behave and write this way is quit surprising to me and probably unheard of by most. FYI there is a big difference between being an ass kisser and being a satisfied customer, I have no stake in any turf war! Customer appreciation, a good job and fair price go a long way and just plan out bring referrals.

I'm not knocking your parts or know how in any way, nor did I say they weren't needed. I'm just saying that if I had to drop 3 grand plus shipping, plus core charge my car would parked on ramps instead of terrorizing North Tampa and Pasco County.

I'm glad you're out in the trenches innovating...it just seemed like you were looking down your nose at those of those don't have a fully tricked out trans and the builders producing them. I wasn't trying to argue.

It's funny how there are those that must have all the tricked out upgraded parts and then those that just want to get by with the bare minimum. The people that pay for a minimum build always like to brag as if they got away with something. Time always tells in those cases, since they're basically hoping that their stock parts hold up. Who the builder was really plays no role in that. It's simply a matter of metal fatigue. From a builder's point of view, it's far easier to slap a stock part unit together and I wish it could always be like that. No waiting for parts or inspecting new replacement parts and checking fit and adjusting fit. PITA some times.

I'm a builder that tends to try to keep cost down and put the minimum into a trans (as far as billet parts and rollerizing goes) for the customer according to his application. But over the years, I've also become very well aware of all the weaknesses in the 200-4R.

All I will say is, the people that have developed these upgraded parts for the 200-4R picked the right parts to upgrade.

It's easy for most of us to make any 200-4R shift great, but how long the hard parts hold up is a totally different story and is very dependant on how much of an animal the car and driver are. And, from my experience it does not always matter what the ET potential of the car is.

Good luck with your build.

All I know is people were running 10's with stock longblocks and bolt ons in 1990 now all I hear about is people wanting to run 10's with a stock longblock ??? Hello that 18-19 years ago. We just have ways that are 10 x more expensive now somethings good some bad. I will have to go back in my books for exact #'s but my old 86 was in the high 10's and a daily driver from 95-04 with 70k-80k logged on that combo so I do agree it can be done. To bad Richie up and died cause he built that one right.

My reply to this post is not to discredited Dave Husek of Turbo Buick Performance.I must step up and voice my opinion. This is not 10 years ago.It is now.

I commend, anybody building transmissions for a living.

That sarcastic remark about "This is not 10 years ago. This is now" to Dave is commending him and not discrediting? :rolleyes:

Though I have never purchased a Trans from Dave he helped me in the past giving tech. This is when I was in a pinch, due to another vendors trans burning up in short order and left me in a bind and out 1800 bucks!!!.

IMO Dave is a humble guy that is straight up and willing to help.