turbo Buick mechanics in Orange County/Los Angeles

you should probably sell it, as you are impatient, and CHEAP!
you will be blaming everyone else when you blow it up.
so just sell it, besides in kalif you 'll be arrested for shooting a gun!

F off...I ain't cheap, you dumbass. Shit talkin behind a keyboard makes you a real man. I have other project cars to work on and many other hobbies that cost money. So keep your lame ass opinion to yourself unless you wanna take this offline.

list everything that is going on with the GN. then we can have a beter understanding of where to start and help you sort it out. 2k is not that much to have Lou look at it and fix what is wrong. But, you must remember that he is fixing someone else's screw up. I can tell you, it will run awhole lot better after Lou goes through it. I live in New Mexico, and when on vacation in Cali a few years back, I stopped by his shop so he could look at my GN.

I completely understand that $2k is not that much to have Lou look at it. But this isn't my only project and I didn't buy this car to be a fulltime project. I wish I could drop $2k on it right now and have the headache go away. But I ain't as rich as the rest of you on this board. Is that alright with you? BTW, I'm NOT the one who screwed the car up. I just inherited the problem by purchasing it.

Early, why are you so wound up? Your gona find yourself by yourself with that attitude. there are a bunch of knowledgeable people on this site, that are willing to help you correct what is wrong with your GN. But it will take some listening on your behalf, without taking the comments or posts personal. BTW- I didn't say you screwed it up. my post reads- someone else's screw up.

If you are looking to fix the issues you speak of you may not need to spend $2000 to fix it. Lou is not going to charge you to look at it. Nor should anyone else that is worth their salt as a mechanic.

Where are you located? If you are close by I can look at it for you, no charge.

why waste your time to help someone who is a dumba$$
as I said , sell it, and stop bothering all of us,
actually you should shoot it full of holes, then you'd stop being a
dumba$$ on this site.
some are trying to help you, and you continue to show your behind,
so........ LOCK AND LOAD !

He is not the only on here that has wanted to shoot his car at some point and he wont be the last......let the man get some help on here.

REGGIE I BEEN THERE ONCE BUT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM SHOOT THE CAR UP REAL TROOPER.

DOES IT LEAK OIL??????

Since you've been wrenching for so long not sure how much help we can be?
As it sounds like you are very frustrated at purchasing a car that either your due dilligence did not catch or the guy was a fraud (sounds like he couldn't have been very upfront with you regardless) then you are best to either fix yourself as you've clearly got the skillset to do, or sell at a loss, or return to the seller and if need be go through the legal process to get funds if he's not willing to return your money.
Honestly, I'd not expect someone to look at my car for much under a grand or two if I'm looking for crappy running to come back great running. I'm assuming that with your background you've clearly been through the low hanging fruit so whomever is going to fix it will need to get down and dirty with it.
Good luck regardless, but calling guys out who've taken the time to respond with their thoughts doesn't typically result with much value add feeback from others. Calling you cheap definately may not have been the best approach, but responding with "fight me" doesn't help get things on track either.

Understand your frustration and blowing off steam is understandable, but you've got to reliaze guys on a TB forum are going to be a bit sensitive to the thought of someone litterally blowing up one of these cars, particularly one as nice looking as yours.

These guys will recommend a great mechanic, then up to you. They will also likely diagnose your issues in minutes if you give them a chance. Either way, use the forum for more than just blowing off steam.

My gut would be fix it yourself so you can stem the bleeding then either keep or recoup funds through sale. Blowing it up, although fun for a few seconds, would be biting off your nose to spite your face.

Hope it all works out one way or the other and good luck.
Joel

Early, why are you so wound up? Your gona find yourself by yourself with that attitude. there are a bunch of knowledgeable people on this site, that are willing to help you correct what is wrong with your GN. But it will take some listening on your behalf, without taking the comments or posts personal. BTW- I didn't say you screwed it up. my post reads- someone else's screw up.

Everyone else who has made a positive contribution, I have responded to accordingly. I'm listening to those people. You and olddog have not made any positive contribution to this thread. And yet you speak for everyone on this board?

Since you've been wrenching for so long not sure how much help we can be?
As it sounds like you are very frustrated at purchasing a car that either your due dilligence did not catch or the guy was a fraud (sounds like he couldn't have been very upfront with you regardless) then you are best to either fix yourself as you've clearly got the skillset to do, or sell at a loss, or return to the seller and if need be go through the legal process to get funds if he's not willing to return your money.
Honestly, I'd not expect someone to look at my car for much under a grand or two if I'm looking for crappy running to come back great running. I'm assuming that with your background you've clearly been through the low hanging fruit so whomever is going to fix it will need to get down and dirty with it.
Good luck regardless, but calling guys out who've taken the time to respond with their thoughts doesn't typically result with much value add feeback from others. Calling you cheap definately may not have been the best approach, but responding with "fight me" doesn't help get things on track either.

Understand your frustration and blowing off steam is understandable, but you've got to reliaze guys on a TB forum are going to be a bit sensitive to the thought of someone litterally blowing up one of these cars, particularly one as nice looking as yours.

These guys will recommend a great mechanic, then up to you. They will also likely diagnose your issues in minutes if you give them a chance. Either way, use the forum for more than just blowing off steam.

My gut would be fix it yourself so you can stem the bleeding then either keep or recoup funds through sale. Blowing it up, although fun for a few seconds, would be biting off your nose to spite your face.

Hope it all works out one way or the other and good luck.
Joel

Joel, you're very observant and correct. I'm still a feeling burnt from the guy who sold me the car. I should've flew out to Kentucky to see the car with my own eyes and made a trip out of it and visited my old buddy and his family. I know I can wrench on that thing anytime, but haven't gotten the motivation to do it yet. But case in point, I took it to Lou. Right away he noticed things I would've never have picked up on, since I'm not around these cars at all. It had the wrong MAF...probably from a naturally aspirated buick 3.8. Guys like you and most of the others are why I am willing to jump on a forum. But guys like those other two clowns are the reasons why I don't.
Thanks

REGGIE I BEEN THERE ONCE BUT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM SHOOT THE CAR UP REAL TROOPER.

DOES IT LEAK OIL??????

In a cynical crazy way, it would be kinda funny to see. That's why that movie Falling Down was popular.
It has some smaller minor oil leaks. It did leak a lot of oil because the previous owner had a 70lb spring in the pump. So I took it out and swapped it for the stock spring. I told the previous owner that the block and heads are not machined for that kind of oil pressure and the oil has nowhere to go but out the seals. Maybe he'll remember that next time.

why waste your time to help someone who is a dumba$$
as I said , sell it, and stop bothering all of us,
actually you should shoot it full of holes, then you'd stop being a
dumba$$ on this site.
some are trying to help you, and you continue to show your behind,
so........ LOCK AND LOAD !

I sent you a PM to take this offline, but you haven't responded.

If you are looking to fix the issues you speak of you may not need to spend $2000 to fix it. Lou is not going to charge you to look at it. Nor should anyone else that is worth their salt as a mechanic.

Where are you located? If you are close by I can look at it for you, no charge.

Thanks Reggie. I'm in Lakewood, but from the South Bay. The car is at Lou's, but thanks for the offer.

Every time I purchase a car I try to google first for all the issues. I miss the biggest stuff every time!! My GN is a great example, been in a barn for 18 years, was under car cover prior to that. I didn't even pull the t-tops when I went to look at the car. I pulled the passenger first time today. Found some rot under it. Now I realize this is like the number one issue for these cars, just the other day one of the guys here said check for rot under the t's, he was right.
Now I just post my questions to save myself the pain, these guys have been through it all, and they are great at jumping in, even silly questions like one last night, I confused myself on bolts and dragged a couple of guys into it with me. To their credit, having absolutely no idea what I was up to, they were giving educated guesses on what I had done. I really like this site.
Joel

You should give the folks here a shot at it (no pun intended). Do you think the odometer has been over 100k? A 55,000 mile GN shouldn't have too many issues. Just to get the conversation going....a bad MAF or dirty fuel filter can make it run like crap.
I must be psychic! Funny story....I belong to an antique car club. A guy stands up at a meeting and explains how he took his Model T to several different mechanics, even going out of state, to find out what was causing an engine noise. Then someone suggested he take it to Earl, a 90 year old member of our club. Well, he explains that Earl told him what the problem was without even hearing it run. (I think it was a bad push rod).

Looks like your GN is in good hands and you will be enjoying the car in no time.

It's already over $2k+. It's cash I really don't have and I'm not just saying that. I'm confident it's in good hands, but not confident in my finances.

early, didn't I suggest you take it to Lou's ? Didn't I also suggest you Explain all the things your GN was doing ? So that we could better guide you to fix what's wrong. Looks like your the type of person who reads or see's only what you want. But if it is at Lou,s, then he will get it running correctly..Good luck with your GN.