Turbo Beetle

bishir

Serenity Now
I was testing out the scanmaster that I just installed on my car when I noticed a whistle go by me. I was driving slow and not really paying attention to the road because I was playing with my scanmaster. When I looked up I saw a newer blue VW Beetle driving ahead of me in the other lane. He slowed down and revved. I knew he was game. I brake boosted to about 10lbs at 30mph and I hear his turbo spooling and his car starting to accelerate. At that moment I let off the brake and my car jumps ahead a car lenght almost immediatley. He then gives up right away. Probably because the street had a few cars on it, and he knew it was over. Anyway, at the next light he give a very big thumbs up and is smiling from ear to ear. He says he loves my car and that it's awesome!!! I said thanks, and asked if his had a Turbo. I heard it, but I didn't know what else to say. It was better than, "That's one ugly and slow chickmobile!" Plus, he seemed cool. He said it has a turbo, but nothing like mine.

So, how quick are those turbo Beetles anyway? This was my first encouter with one.

James:p

Stock I don't know, but there is one locally putting the smackdown onto all of the mustang kiddies. Big front mount IC, dunno what else is in there but he's got tons of cash in it. Very "bling bling" and straight out of FATF.

Probably a high 12 car from what I've seen him beat, he cruises the main drag just looking for 5.0's...

turbo bugs

i got a buddy who has a black turbo bug. he has a few mods,
front mount intercooler
blow off valve
boost controler
chip
exhaust
downpipe

and he ran a 13.9 at the track on slicks.
W/ a turbo upgrade he says it should hit the 12's.

pretty cool IMO:D

Stock, they are just a tick off of a 2000+ Eclipse GT. Probably 15.2 +. But, as is with those crazy VWs, they're quite tunable. VWs seem to be like the German GN. You can chip a Jetta for about 30-35 hp (I've heard/read).

:)

I was getting on the highway the other day and I had it to the floor (traffic was coming) and I was passed by a 1.8 Jetta turbo who was also getting on. I know he had it in the kitchen. It seemed to get going pretty good

Too bad I was in my 1995 1ton crew cab:D