Turbo and inter cooler

Anarchy

One fast Hot Air
wells guys i got my turbo (87) complete with a elbow on it. and i hae my inter cooler as well with a ditt weiler neck on it. whats my first step on my install on my GN. i have seen alot of pics on here but a not a step buy step. is this install hard complecated or anything of that matter. please let me know...

wells guys i got my turbo (87) complete with a elbow on it. and i hae my inter cooler as well with a ditt weiler neck on it. whats my first step on my install on my GN. i have seen alot of pics on here but a not a step buy step. is this install hard complecated or anything of that matter. please let me know...

I have studied this option for a long time and did not go this route. My advice is to convert your car to the 86/87 setup now. Intercooling with the hot air setup is basically half baked with limits due to the turbo location and long piping. Pay your dues now and you will be happier in the end. My 2 cents. Brad

thanks brad but money is so tight at home that i just want to work with what i got... and that my motor in my car.. now as far as it goes ill be getting a champion intake down the road as well and have talked to Nick on here that has a 9sc ha car. so it possible just need to have the time and patience lol...

I have studied this option for a long time and did not go this route. My advice is to convert your car to the 86/87 setup now. Intercooling with the hot air setup is basically half baked with limits due to the turbo location and long piping. Pay your dues now and you will be happier in the end. My 2 cents. Brad

Is there a post or sticky on a parts list to convert an 85 to 86-87??

I'm very interested in converting my 85.

Is there a post or sticky on a parts list to convert an 85 to 86-87??

Convert HA car to IC car- Conversion parts list
All front engine accessory brackets with pulleys and belt tensioner
Complete intake with all sensors
1987 ignition module, coil, and all wiring for it
1987 hard metal heater lines on top of intake
1987 throttle body
1987 throttle cable
1987 MAF with air intake tube and air box
1987 detent cable
Downpipe
1987 catalytic converter
Drivers side oil fill neck
Passenger side header
Passenger side valve cover with vent tube
1987 transmission dipstick and tube
1987 heater core
1987 alternator, ac compressor, power steering pump with remote reservoir
A/C lines
1987 radiator hold down
1987 radiator
Oil cooler lines
Main engine wiring harness
1987 fuel lines
Intercooler with all brackets
Intercooler fan
Intercooler piping
Intercooler scoop
1987 air dams and deflector
1987 Turbo
Turbo brackets and heat shield
Turbo oil feed and return lines
Electric fans
All hardware including any nuts, bolts, or fasteners needed

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/need-help-with-85-to-87-conversion.250756/

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/ha-ic-conversion-parts-list-help.318759/