turbo 400's, flywheels, and Thrust bearings

If you have the capability to post it, I would much rather see the trace itself.

It may take a few days and just for you I will look through old racepak files to see if I kept that before switching to a properly regulated system which I don't even data log anymore because its a flat boring line that never changes at WOT. This data goes back 5 years and im my personal case it did not start as a thrust bearing issue but we were breaking flexplates and chewing starter drives off. I was blaming the driver and asking him why he was trying to start the friggin car on the pass!!! The problem was the flexplate was flexing into the starter bendix on the pass then eventually the gear would crack at the welds and the ring gear would come off the flexplate and saw off the headers (this was a blown alky car). We never ate a crank but smashed thrust bearings. We ran 50W oil, ran the motor cold and had 160 psi of oil pressure and the bearings we babbit , even on the thrust surface. Anyway , this was the start and im sure lots of guys have seen sparks flying out from underneath cars during a pass and wondered what the hell was that all about. Now you have an idea.

Hutch

It may take a few days and just for you I will look through old racepak files to see if I kept that before switching to a properly regulated system which I don't even data log anymore because its a flat boring line that never changes at WOT.

Hutch
Thank you. Very much appreciated.

OT / clap trap . English , speak english. I am dumb farmer , can you rephrase this for me.

Hutch

Didn't think it was very dificult to understand. The original post with this graph was stated as having no issues with his thrust brearing. So if this spike has no adverse effects, why add additional fixes to the transmission ? Like a pressure regulator in the converter circuit ?
Clear enough ?

Allan G.

you guys can theorize until you puke blood but the fix will still be a regulator controlled cooler system. This is not some new stuff either , remember back in 1964? Its already been done but was discontinued because GM saved 2 cents per pump.

Hutch

I think all of us on this board enjoy theorizing becasue we want to understand the issues. Seeing others thought process helps us make improvments and develop are own fixes and have some healthy debate. The point here is to learn from each other. Don't see any problems with that...
Allan G.

Didn't think it was very dificult to understand. The original post with this graph was stated as having no issues with his thrust brearing. So if this spike has no adverse effects, why add additional fixes to the transmission ? Like a pressure regulator in the converter circuit ?
Clear enough ?

Allan G.

Gotcha , now lets add. The converter cooler circuit was done properly in 1964 and in the years following parts were removed to save money so we now 46 years later have to put it back in.

Hutch

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most modern transmissions more precisely control TC feed pressure on the front end of the circuit, taking into account any restriction in the circuit up to and including the cooler/lube circuit?