turbo 400 or PG

n20junkie

Sponser needed
i am building a twin turbo SBC with about 1000 or so hp at the flywheel, the car is a tubbed gn which weighs in at about 2700, which trans would be best suitted for this car, and could it be built for 1800, thanks for your help
Grant J Farmer

You'd do best with a good Powerglide. The 2.48 TH-400 ratio can cause startline traction problems and the turbos will be happier with the load provided by the Powerglide's low ratio gearing.

The Powerglide will also rob less power going to the rear wheels.

P.G. is the way to go! Tons of nice parts for'em out there too!

You're going to need a REAL good set of aftermarket planetaries, a 4340 input shaft, a stainless high gear hub, a good valvebody, and some real good parts in your rebuild kit. What you want will cost more than $1800 if you can't buy at cost and do it yourself, not including the converter. The converter will be $1000.
Alan

Where are you at? I can get glides done for a good price near me and he knows his stuff. Frank

i am near fayetville NC, but home is buffalo NY, i travel the 95 threw MD all the time, if you could check out what he coul build for me ht would be awsome, and anybod else that deos trannys that could help me out i would appreciat it, 1800 is just a rought number, i am sinking thousands apon thousands into this car so a few more bucks is no biggie, in jegs they had a tranny by JW performance that looked kind of stout, claimes it is rated to 850 hp, thought a little but more won't hurt it, and help on the subjuct would again be much appreciated, thanks
Grant J Farmer