Tunnel Ram to stock block and heads?

Kansas T

GOT BOOST?
Does or did anybody make a tunnel ram intake manifold that will fit a 109 block and 8445 heads? I'm looking for some different intake manifold options.

I believe someone on this board has that set up. I think he had it on a stage 2 and it required some custom work.

I know there are several for the stage 2 motor. I'm interested in manifolds for stock block motors.

Class rules say no sheet metal, I'm looking for a cast piece. I guess I should have said that. Looking for a cast tunnel ram manifold that I can modify for fuel injected use.

hehe

Originally posted by Kansas T
Class rules say no sheet metal, I'm looking for a cast piece. I guess I should have said that. Looking for a cast tunnel ram manifold that I can modify for fuel injected use.

DOHHHHHH!!!!!!!:D ;)

let me know if I can help brian.

Perhaps take a stock intake, modify it;) (ssssh) and acid etch it to look like cast:eek:

Originally posted by Kansas T
Does or did anybody make a tunnel ram intake manifold that will fit a 109 block and 8445 heads? I'm looking for some different intake manifold options.

I have a Weiand single plane for stock style heads that I'm going to convert to EFI. It will then take a cast elbow like PT&E makes with a Ford TB, or a sheet metal plenum with a Buick TB. This intake should have better flow and distribution characteristics than the stocker.

If you're planning to use something like this in TSM, I think the rule says "stock intake" and excludes aftermarket cast intakes as well.

The single plane would work, but if I'm going to go to that much trouble, I'd rather use a tunnel ram (if avalible) due to the larger plenum volume. I race in a local heads up class and cant see myself moving into the TSM field yet.