tuning my GN

deez87

What's up guys? I'm from the Bay Area (peninsula) and I was wondering where can I find a reputable shop that knows TRs. I had a mechanic work on rebuilding my motor but found out later that he's a moron(he told me i had to "break in" my injectors when he installed them and the car ran like s**t). I am very new to these cars and love the hell out of them! If anybody from the Bay is out there on this forum, please I need your help. thanks.Damian

I had a machine shop bore the motor and all that. he just put it together,really. but he never informed me about replacing old parts that should be replaced when building a new motor. all he did was put it back together ,collect my $$, and send me on my way. I take partial blame on this because i rushed into action without consulting you guys or just asking around my area.

I had a machine shop bore the motor and all that. he just put it together,really. but he never informed me about replacing old parts that should be replaced when building a new motor. all he did was put it back together ,collect my $$, and send me on my way. I take partial blame on this because i rushed into action without consulting you guys or just asking around my area.

Sorry, but you may be in over your head!!! READ READ READ

i dont know anyone from the bay area.if i were you i would do a search at the top of the page.i am sure someone here could point you in the right direction.remember that these cars are alot different from a small block.i would definetly find someone who has some knowledge of these cars.you can find alot of help on the board.when you had the injectors changed did you buy a chip that matched your injectors?also what else is done to the car? do you have a scan tool?

That's one thing I have not been able to get is a scan tool. i realize i NEED this device for these cars.that's my next purchase. and yes i got a matching chip for the inj. from Eric@turbotweak and it ran great after that. the car just acts funny every now and then. it idles high when it wants to or has trouble starting. and sometimes runs like a champ. my turbo is aT3/T4 hybrid w/.50 trim,motor bored.030,TRW forged pistons, replaced map sensor,iac, th400 tranny, and i think that's it for now.i'll continue asking around here my area and on this forum for your tips .thanks

well you are going to need a scan tool,you should buy a scanmaster,or even one from summit racing,they have a auto x ray that will do everything a scanmaster can for half the price.is your check engine light on?who set up the new iac motor?

actually, i set up the iac motor. i figured there's nothing to it;unscrew the old one and screw in the new one with a new gasket. got the brand new one from poston. i think my problem might be oil pressure :confused: . when i fire it up, the engine stutters and the oil/choke light goes on every now and then. i suspect the oil drainage tube or oil switch( i didn't replace these items).that's just what i think:confused:

Uh did the moron rebuild your motor or not??

If he did I say start over your oil pressure problems are probably due to excessive bearing tolerances...A common problem when someone that knows nothing about Buicks builds the motor.

Yeah, he rebuilt it but didn't really inspect the problem -proned ares(oil press.,vacuum leaks,etc.) at that time i knew less about TRs than i do know.it was rebuilt before i found out about this site.now i know i f**cked up:mad: . but i'm trying to make up for my incompetance and lack of knowledge by asking ALOT of ?s:confused: . i believe you're right about the oil system. the oil/choke light seems to be lighting up alot especially since i changed the oil 2 weeks ago. i appreciate everyone's input and i'll keep bothering you guys about TRs because they're awesome!