Tublar A-arms on the GNX?

GNX#017

Has anyone converted to DSE / Hotchkis / Global West Tublar A-Arms for the front end? guest house  garage 136.jpg
I would like to complete the modifications to the suspension this winter.

Regards.

Not sure about the A arms, but that's quite a collection you have there!!!

thanks,

which ones did you use? I am considering the global west with coil overs.

I decided no sense in storing and keeping the mileage low on the vehicles, some day my son or wifes new husband will be driving them :)

Then rock on with the G Body arms. Unless you are wanting crazy autocross.road race caster/camber adjust then get some of the others. They arent cheap tho

contact board member & supporter Scot w. @ GNS Performance he is the ONLY dealer here for DSE products. he will not steer you wrong. he uses what he sells. his car is stupid in the twisties. now if he would just upgrade to a v8 he my beable to hang with my wife car.

I decided no sense in storing and keeping the mileage low on the vehicles, some day my son or wifes new husband will be driving them :)

That's funny right there..I don't care who you are...:)

thanks,

which ones did you use? I am considering the global west with coil overs.

The best UCA's for these cars are the SC&C stage 2 plus arms. The guy who helped designed them literally wrote the book on handling for muscle cars.

You really can't argue with that. I have them on my car. 700$ for the pair. Much more affordable than DSE's, and they correct the caster/toe issue inherent in the g-body design.

thanks,

I am probably go with both upper / lower / coil over setup,

also has anyone used a billet torque converter? I understand it reacts like a big block Chevy?

thanks,

also has anyone used a billet torque converter? I understand it reacts like a big block Chevy?

don't take this the wrong way, but with these Buicks, you need to COMPLETLY get that Chevy mentallity out of your head. there are a few rael good convertors out there, weather it be a PTC or a Precision, or others.

Has anyone converted to DSE / Hotchkis / Global West Tublar A-Arms for the front end?View attachment 146639
I would like to complete the modifications to the suspension this winter.

Regards.
I have! I used ALL DSE under our Test Car and love how the car handles and rides. One thing to remember is that it is very important to get a shock & spring combo that is designed to work together. DSE has already done this with their spring & shock set ups. They do their own shock valving in house to match their coil spring rate, they even done the engineering on timing the jounce bumpers in the shocks to provide great handling along with a great ride quality.

We offer a complete DSE bolt-on suspension front & rear for the g-body's.
We offer regular gas replacement shocks, Bolt-on Dual adjustable Coil over shocks.
We offer complete BAER disc brakes for the G-body's as well and these are also a direct bolt on application.

We Auto-X our car and also drive it on a daily basis, we also compete in BAER brake "Speed/Stop" challenges and are scheduled for several road courses so we do use what we sell..

Let us know if your interested, we give some good deals to members!

Scot W.

thanks,

I look at it like this:

When I want to change something on my car, I call the best and ask for their advice. Go to SC&C's website. Mark Savitske literally wrote the book "How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle". He takes the time and tells you what you need, what you don't need, and most importantly why.

I've noticed the best people in their respective fields are willing to admit when you do or don't need things, or if they can or cannot help you. They're racers first, salespeople second. When I talked to Weldon, Waterman, etc for fuel pumps, if they couldn't help me they'd admit it, and they'd point me to the person who could. Mark@SC&C is like that, except he has everything we need to make our cars handle!

You can't beat CAD design from the ground up. Call Mark. He'll sit with you and explain every piece of information that you could ever want to know.

I should clarify i am in no-way affiliated with SC&C. I think some people are mistaking my enthusiasm for a company that sells a truly great product and my desire to spread the word, for me working for them.

I like what they sell, so much I bought his book (like I said, the guy literally wrote the book on handling) which should arrive today!

I don't want to offend board sponsors here. However I don't want to recommend something to someone that 1)I haven't tried, 2)I don't know the design approach (CAD or just trial-and-error).

I don't know a lot about suspensions. I'll admit that right now. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. I don't know what is better for each person's setup, and I don't know the history behind everything. I'm just really enthusiastic about my purchase and would like to share it with others.

I don't think we should limit ourselves to solely board vendors if they don't carry a certain product, however we should buy from board-supporting vendors if they sell what we need. I buy everything I can from vendors from this site. I do think that if a superior product can be had elsewhere, then either 1)purchase from them because the vendors don't sell it, or 2)the vendors should start to carry it so we can purchase it from them! If we didn't have supporting vendors we'd have no site. However I'm not going to sacrifice performance for my car and put on a product that I feel would not work as well as another, simply because a company is a not a vendor for this site. I mean how many top engine builders for our cars don't advertise on here, yet people go to them because they know of their quality? We shouldn't be held-back because a vendor doesn't carry something.

having a low mile GNX

and not driving it..............
is like having a virgin...... NO ONE knows how good it is, or if its even any good at all!!!!!!!:D

At this point I agree, drive the car. I was amazed this past summer when I took it to a couple of local cruize nights, how many guys are still enthusiastic and even recognized what it is. Especially, younger guys who were barely born in the '80s. The final touches will be replacing the BBS logos on the centers with 2.5" GNX decals!!

I had a great conversation with Scott last evening, DSE with coil overs / front and rear, and probably the torque converter in the spring.

Thanks for all the input.

Stratos

At this point I agree, drive the car. I was amazed this past summer when I took it to a couple of local cruize nights, how many guys are still enthusiastic and even recognized what it is. Especially, younger guys who were barely born in the '80s. The final touches will be replacing the BBS logos on the centers with 2.5" GNX decals!!

I had a great conversation with Scott last evening, DSE with coil overs / front and rear, and probably the torque converter in the spring.

Thanks for all the input.

Stratos

I think everyone will agree, as long as you enjoy your car, that is what matters! Having people to help guide you in the right direction is what the Buick community is all about.

You want to make sure what you pick is going to fix the problem, not put bandaids on it. Here is a quote from the book I bought "The standard approach to improving handling in these cars has been to pretty much ignore the geometry issues and put bandages on the car. In other words, if the suspension does bad things when it moves, then don't let it move so much...Can you improve a car's handling with these methods alone? Sure, but it's an imperfect solution because you're basically turning it into a 3,500lb go-kart."

My point with that is to take a look at the products and see what they fix, and what they change. I've already read DSE's name a few times in this book, so you are in good hands with Scott!

I believe at least 1 highly respected trans builder sells protorque converters, so you know GNS isn't going to sell you something they wouldn't put on his own car.

On a side note:

Scott- when you modded your car, how much difference did getting a properly matched TC make in the car's response around the Auto-x track? Was it a night-and-day difference, like adding in a wattslink, or was it something subtle?

I think everyone will agree, as long as you enjoy your car, that is what matters! Having people to help guide you in the right direction is what the Buick community is all about.

You want to make sure what you pick is going to fix the problem, not put bandaids on it. Here is a quote from the book I bought "The standard approach to improving handling in these cars has been to pretty much ignore the geometry issues and put bandages on the car. In other words, if the suspension does bad things when it moves, then don't let it move so much...Can you improve a car's handling with these methods alone? Sure, but it's an imperfect solution because you're basically turning it into a 3,500lb go-kart."

My point with that is to take a look at the products and see what they fix, and what they change. I've already read DSE's name a few times in this book, so you are in good hands with Scott!

I believe at least 1 highly respected trans builder sells protorque converters, so you know GNS isn't going to sell you something they wouldn't put on his own car.

On a side note:

Scott- when you modded your car, how much difference did getting a properly matched TC make in the car's response around the Auto-x track? Was it a night-and-day difference, like adding in a wattslink, or was it something subtle?
Well I don't see the correlation between a torque converter and the watts link but I do run a Protorque converter in my car and love the way it performs. Then again I don't run the watts link or feel the need to when the rear of my car does not move horizontally at all so there really isn't a need for one.. Your right, we wouldn't sell something we wouldn't run on our own car, as a matter of fact we are out there testing what we sell so we can give our customers Real World feedback how just how well it does/doesn't work, we are also giving rides in our car so future customers can actually feel the ride for themselves and feel the ride quality at the same time..

Scot W.