TTA's with roll cages & racing harnesses

Scott89TTA

I know there aren't too many but to the guys that put roll cages in their TTA what color did you paint the cage and what color racing harness did you use? Mine will be back from HFR Fabrication www.hfrfab.com in about a week and I need to make a decision so let's see some pics !

Thanks,

Black cage and red seat belts. Will have to dig up pic when I'm on my computer.
cage.jpg

Pic2TTA.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah trying to decide between red or black harness...I could go either way. The cage could go black, bronze, tan/saddle (as close to the interior as I can get). Or I could go full race car on the cage and match all my red powder coated Spohn suspension :)

The fact that my car is a t-top and the cage is a full 10-point cage with hoop and the bars going forward across the top of side windows, across the windshield and down the a-pillars will be pretty visible and run along black trim for the most part. I'm starting to think tan might stand out quite a bit? If it was just a 8-point I think interior matched would be my 1st choice...just not sure about the forward hoop and associated tubes especially if I have the t-tops out.

Two tone the cage then or pick black or tan and live with it standing out in certain places.

I have a tan chromoly cage with removable side bar.. Plus the carpet and rear plastic cal an his bro built it

Text me I can show pics 843-598-0310

Scott, that was me that sent you the text about pics of your cage. I'm not looking for one to buy, my car is currently in the chassis shop getting a 10-point chrome moly 8.50 cert cage with swing outs installed at http://www.hfrfab.com/ it should be done either this week or sometime next.

-Scott

well, Now I have to cage my car (10pt). New heads are going to flow a lot more air and actually stay on at higher boost.
Its always been on my mind to cage this car, so I do have a few good ideas for a non NHRA build and I have caged 3rd gens before.
Removable side bars is a must. Driving on the street with those side bars is asking for broken arm/leg in case of an accident.
Bend the front bars around the dash for max room.
Keep the bar away from your head as much as possible.
The rear bars in the TTA pic above flowed really nice into the back(I thought).
Weld extra pads if you can because there are no frames on these cars.
I also would smooth the joints with filler.

Yeah it should be done sometime next week. Henry at HFR is one of the best around and is very good at making it really tight to the body. I'm definitely getting removable swingouts for sure and will pad some of the hoop since banging your head against one without a helmet could be deadly. HFR are well known on the east coast racing scene...attached is the 3500-4000 hp 10.5 Corvette chassis he finished just before my car went in...there was about 4 other race cars there too. My car is definitely small potatoes compared to his typical work :)

Attachments

• 1432332531403.jpg
    1432332531403.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 138