TTA front mount intercooler pics?

Not a TA but did my 86 Camaro like this... No heat from radiator in the pipes... Great IAT's
10.30@133 on 93 pump gas
any5aze2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a TA but did my 86 Camaro like this... No heat from radiator in the pipes... Great IAT's
10.30@133 on 93 pump gas
any5aze2.jpg

I remember this car from a few years ago...always thought it was a very nice job/install! (y)

1986-chevrolet-camaro-front-view-of-installed-427lsx.jpg

1986-chevrolet-camaro-98mm-turbo-out-passenger-side-fe.jpg

Thank you.... I've installed that engine down in a 88 Mustang LX now and have moved my car to a LS base engine.

Briggs 427 RHS Block LS7 CNC heads
Rossler 4L80E with Pro-Torqe converter
Outlaw Fab 9 from www.trickchassis.com
And a 98mm Precision Turbo.
Hope to have some fun with it this year at the Clocks off/No prep races and Drag Week of course. :)

I have a TTA here at the shop for body/paint now... I'll have to get the # off it not sure which one it is.
~Scott

Yep just do a adaptor from 2 or 2.5 to 3" IC pipes

If the IC your wanting to run is using 2 3/4 pipe
Run it from the turbo to the Intercooler with 2 3/4....... Then from the outlet of the IC go from 2.75 to 3" the rest of the way.
Try and keep the IC pipes out of the way of the radiator heat if possible.
~Scott

yes but what about rocks and stuff on the road? and also what about the heat coming off the road?

NON Issue on both .. sure anything can happen ... but in reality .. Ive had more damage to front mounts than to belly mounts from road debris

heat coming off the road .. heat comes off the radiator too in a front mount...

they work.. with an enclosure / scoop like shown above .. they work very well

has anyone tried putting a gn stretched location ic on a tta? I'm sure it may have to be mounted different and the shroud would have to be re worked. could it be done?

has anyone tried putting a gn stretched location ic on a tta? I'm sure it may have to be mounted different and the shroud would have to be re worked. could it be done?

A stretch for a GN will not fit...ttafan has gone 10.18 @ 136 using a Jim Dunn/Mease TTA stretch stock mount without using the shroud and he did rework the necks making them even shorter to raise the IC up higher for more clearance...he also went 132 using a Dut neck stock TTA IC. I will be using his Dut neck TTA IC on my car with my new build this Spring.

I had a dequick front mount on my car. I can tell you from experience that when you remove the plastic shrouding that direct air through the radiator ( which you will have to remove to install any front mount intercooler) you will have heating issues.

I had a dequick front mount on my car. I can tell you from experience that when you remove the plastic shrouding that direct air through the radiator ( which you will have to remove to install any front mount intercooler) you will have heating issues.

Yupp.. that's why he adds the Fans ...

Love the intercooler.. but for all but the most serious .. it's just not needed.