TTA failed 5 times in IL

whatgivz

Hello,

I've tried five times to get my '89 TTA pass emissions on a stock chip. The only problem is HC, last test of (1.41) is just alittle bit too high compare to the first test (.92). The standard is (.80). The OC and gas cap test are ok.

I have added a 3" Terry Houston downpipe w/cat, 6 new spark plugs, new plug wires, 6 new injectors, oil change, new oil filter, and a new O2 sensor.

BTW the place that changed the injectors charged me $800 for 6 new factory injectors. Was I overcharged?

Would a smog chip help at all? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

I also have a TTA in IL and since my stock cat was gutted by a prev owner, I tried a 3" high flow cat, I think it's the same one that comes with the THDP's. (Although I have a stock DP.) Bottom line -- I could not pass HC with this cat. Borrowed someone else's stock cat and made sure it got good and hot and have fast-passed the last two times, last time was with a HC of ~.140 and CO of .000.

Ummm...$800 for stock inj's :eek: :eek: ...I *really* hope you're joking.

Do you have a scantool? Whereabouts are you? There are several of us TTA guys in the local suburbs that could help out.

Originally posted by whatgivz
BTW the place that changed the injectors charged me $800 for 6 new factory injectors. Was I overcharged?
Thanx! [/B]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: