TTA Diecast!!

Awesome! I've always tried to keep my eye out for any chance of finding a no name company making a TTA diecast but I've been unsucessful at finding anything. I talked with a friend who designs for Johnny Lightnin once but he told me in order for me to get a 1:64 scale made I would need a order of 5000 of them and I think I would have had to pay for the mold too which was like $5k or $10k, so of course I decided to scrap that idea.

yea does look a notch back. When I called diecastmuscle they said they were the middle man on this proejct. So I'm sure one company is going to make them and sell them to a few different companys. We'll have to see. Either way I'll take it! :cool:

That is a notchback, it's a GM photo taken outside of the Indy Museum / Hall of Fame for PR purposes .... I hope they don't use that picture for putting the door decals on the diecast :frown: But finaly we will have a diecast of the TTA, I will see how I can order a couple as well, but I bet they wont ship to the UK ....

I wrote to them earlier today about the decals being even with the door handles and here is what he replied:

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your email. I'm glad you are as excited about the Trans Am as we
are! Our product development team is top-flight and has assured me that the
piece will be accurate to the 1:1 1989 Trans Am Indy 500 Pace Car that
actually turned the laps that day. We have access, being in Indianapolis,
IN, to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and all of its records, vehicles etc.
Rest assured Walt, you and the other Trans Am guys will be pleased with the
product.

He didn't mention anything about it being a notchback, but if he stays true to his word, I better get a few of them pre-ordered.

I am going to wait until they come out.
The company did a 1980 Indy Turbo Trans Am and used the regular hood with a shaker, instead of the Turbo hood. All they did was a repaint of the Yat Ming '79 Trans Am. Cheap, wrong parts, and made money on it.
I talked to them at the SEMA show a few years ago, about that car (the 1980) and doing a 20th TTA.
They didn't care that they got it wrong, and told me they weren't going to do a 20th TTA.
I hope they get this one right.
Lane, GMP, and Ertl refused to even considerdoing one, unless we (or someone) popped up with 25 grand! Then they would do one.

George :cool:

lol

I'm not holding my breath until I know whos making them and seeing some prototypes first.

Some come out great, some look like hell, would rather wait to commit funds until I see some product. Although it is nice we are slowly getting noticed.

Out of all the manufactureres I'm almost positive we would have to have a TTA version from Johnny Lightening coming at some point. They have done almost every available firebird in the "Firebird" line with all thirdgens a glaring exception. I would think within the next two release, they would literally have an almost entire thirdgen set(meaning releases 5,6)

I dont buy the whole they wont sell thing either, our cars are identical to every other GTA on the planet with the exception of under the hood and the rear seats(im not including badges/stickers here). So they could easily make every other version of 80's GTA.

Oh well.

I just want anyone we get to be a good representation

later
Jeremy

Thats exactly what I was talking about lol.

they have the promo notch TTA representing the TTA and now under GTA they are showing a TA.

Not good first signs.

I'm withholding judgement until I see the right "correct" pictures posted and a real prototype of the actual models.

later
Jeremy