TTA Coolant Temp Sensor vs. GN switch

Jan Larsson

Started to look at the sensors for my engine build and realised there's a difference between the TTA and GN with regards to the coolant temp sensor/switch.

If I understand it correct the TTA use a sensor as it got a gauge for the coolent temperature and the GN use a switch as it got a "idiot light" (sorry not ment to offend any GN owners reading this ;) ).

Anyway, I circled the sensor in the picture so you all can relate to the correct one.

The TTA sensor part number is #25037346 and the GN switch #25036042 according to my books. These might not be the most up to date part numbers so please shime in if anyone got some partnumbers (GM or Delco) that are current.

Anyway, questions is as I bought some of these sensors from different vendors (and also have some used once) I'm not sure what I have (sensor or switch) so how do I tell them apart as some of them came without a box and some came with a box ...

Is there a way to identify the sensor vs. the switch or an easy way I can test them to tell them apart.

I have a bunch of used and new I'd like to sort out so I can keep the TTA sensors as spares and get rid of the GN switches I have.

So a good trivia question for x-mas day guys :biggrin:

Attachments

• TTA_temp_sensor.jpg
    TTA_temp_sensor.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 251
Update:

Dug out what I have and got a brand new switch (surely for the GN and NOT TTA) part number 25036371 (D1896) on the ACDelco box ... this one I bought recently.

Ok did some searching online and 25037346 is still available from GM so will order a couple of them ...

Anyone need some GN coolant switches, got 2 new and one used at least :)