TTA Air Conditioning....I may be dumb

Turbo1080

I have a TTA that only blows out the center vents...no vent tubes are in the dash....i wenrt to the junk yard and foiund some to put back in....however there is no place for the vents to connect as if they were blocked off or somthing...im not loosing air behind the dash or anywhere else it just dosnt come out to the driver or passenger side vents...also inside the vent box has no open holes for the tubes either....it dosnt look jimmy rigged either it seems as if the factory didnt want to put them in or somthing..im kinda at a loss on this one?? :confused:

ok Ill re-phrase....dose anybody have a TTA that blows out of all AC vents or center only???

yeah i thought it would be strange if it didnt but im confused to how mine is...very weird.....oh well...maybe ill pull the dash and put in a complete vent system from the junk yard....

Quiky One said:
Sorry to hear you had a wreck. Hope you heal fast and fully recover.

Jason

hey thanks..it was unfortunate...just after i got the car dialed in too....
hopefully i can buy it back from Ins and use as a parts car...should be some pieces left....but im feelin better everyday....

Thats good to hear. By chance do you have any pics? Glad you're feeling better.

Jason

Make sure you actually have vacuum going to the heater controls. If its gone, by default it should be on defrost.

Barring that, the vacuum block/switch that is the actual control panel has nasty habit of coming apart on anything GM that uses it from the 80-earl 90's.

U can take it apart and reassemble it with a screw, nut ans some locktite, investigate these two things before you go farther. they are easy and lots of times the most likely culprit.

later
Jeremy

3.8TransAM said:
Make sure you actually have vacuum going to the heater controls. If its gone, by default it should be on defrost.

Barring that, the vacuum block/switch that is the actual control panel has nasty habit of coming apart on anything GM that uses it from the 80-earl 90's.

U can take it apart and reassemble it with a screw, nut ans some locktite, investigate these two things before you go farther. they are easy and lots of times the most likely culprit.

later
Jeremy

well being that a semi -truck just took out my whole front end, getting to the vents now should be no problem, but i think i have more issues now then the ac not working, actually comin to a complete stop at 70mph wasnt so bad...i just dont ever want to do that again....at least not with out air bags.

If you are looking for another TTA, I have a lead on one with 39k for $10500. Pm me!