TTA # 844 How weird is this

Turbo RX-6 said:
Grumpy scoop is on with double side adhesive, also vents hot air out the rear.

dammm... I have one just like it with the tape but got to thinking if it would hold on ok with just the tape :eek: :biggrin:

Turbo RX-6 said:
. Weird that is was around the same time as the other TTA wreck, but was also in Nevada (Vegas) .
sorry to here that monte. who had the other wreck?

That is nuts.....we both had a wreck in TTA's both named dave, same town, same kinda wreck, almost same set up all in about the same time :eek: i wish your son well and hope he gets off and running soon- -dave

Bad thing for me is he was driving my TTA. His Hybrid 88 RX-7 was sitting in the driveway so it's okay, my car got trashed, but thats okay, you can replace the cars, you can't replace people. My son works over at the Autozone on Flamingo just west of El Capitan next to Discount tire, stop in and see him some time.

Turbo RX-6 said:
Bad thing for me is he was driving my TTA. His Hybrid 88 RX-7 was sitting in the driveway so it's okay, my car got trashed, but thats okay, you can replace the cars, you can't replace people. My son works over at the Autozone on Flamingo just west of El Capitan next to Discount tire, stop in and see him some time.

yeah i met your son a few weeks ago i brought mine to the store and we were chattin for abit...its good to know someone at a parts store that for sure..hahaha.....ill stop in sometime for sure when i get mine replaced

This is why I say their can't be much more then 800 left.. LINK eBay This makes the 10th one that I know burnt down. And that's just research over 2 years! :eek:

phillyturbosix said:
This is why I say their can't be much more then 800 left.. LINK eBay This makes the 10th one that I know burnt down. And that's just research over 2 years! :eek:
People should keep a fire extinguisher in their car. I run alky and would not think about driving without one. Fits nicely under drivers seat.

I keep a huge one on the floor behind the drivers seat in the TTA. You can't even see it laying there. Then again I have the seat all the way back and reclined a little.. My GN it's mounted right to the hump on the pass. side front. I've seen a few GN's burn down in front of my eyes it only takes seconds and it's gone!

Yeah, I saw that burner, too. I think it's two cars, though, a beat-up one (like mine) and the burner with it. Guess the guy had it up to his eyeballs in problems and threw in the towel.

Quiky One said:
From the first pic it looks like a decent car. But WOW that is a gonner.

Jason
You never know what the value of that car will be down the road. It looks bad, but not beyond repair like a burned one does. In 1990 or so I had a 69 Super Bee 440 4v that I parted out because it had a bad motor, quarters, trunk and whatever...Back then it was beyond repair, but now-$$$ Probably more Bee's were built than TTA,s. Just a thought.

Do you think the heat messed up the back of the block? wonder if he would sell the fired one seperate?

Ken

It pains me to see all of these TTA's being parted out. The wrecked one looks bad but not beyond repair. Even the burnt car looks fixable to me. Like GNTIM said about the Super Bee, these cars are going to be worth a lot of money someday and most will look back and kick themselves for parting one of these rare birds out. It's sad to see GN's parted and they made over 20,000 of them. With just over 1,500 TTA's built they can't help but go up in value. Regardless of price it's a shame to see such a cool piece of auto history go down the toilet one car at a time. :mad:

I agree, problem is with my car, the subframe is destroyed, so okay replace with a used one, easy enough, but the firewall drivers side is pushed in several inches, the whole unibody is pushed back to the point where the rear fender is actually creased a good inch deep on the drivers side, right behind the door, the windshield pillar drivers side is now sitting about 2 inches higher than it should be and the whole body is tweaked and sits up on the drivers side. Now it could be fixed, but at what cost, and then when your done you have a salvage title. Granted some day they maybe worth a fortune, but do I spend 10,000 plus dollars fixing a car worth maybe 16,000 and then hope that one day it goes through the roof in value and the salvage title and the fact that a carfax will show it was in a major collision has minimal effect on the value, or do I park it someplace intact and wait to see how much the value goes up, then restore it if its worth it?

This is the big problem, plus you have to ask yourself, would you buy this car after it was repaired, or would you buy one that had never been in a collision?

I thought you could stick a unibody car on a frame stretcher, tweak the kinks out... But yeah, it is a matter of cost for you now and whatnot.