Trying to get Turbolink working

DavzGN

My old laptop died so I loaded the latest version of Tlink to the replacement Dell D610 running XPpro and I am trying to get it working. I get the green LED on the Tlink black box that plugs into the serial connector but it won't connect to the ECM. I had tried it on an old laptop with a 133mhz mmx chip and was getting funny data, possibly partial data before I bought the Dell. I tried doing the paper clip trick to see if it was my ALDL connector and as soon as the connection was made, the car died. I'm thinking my next step is to pull out my ECM and check the connections.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
David Last
87GN

I had to reinstall the USB adapter and the turbolink software to link to my car, but now the dashboard won't load up on my computer. So I'm trying to fix that.

Well, I got Tlink working. I couldn't get the Serial connector on the laptop to work. I dug out a cheap USB to serial converter I bought off ebay several years ago and it works.

David

You need a computer with windows XP and with a older version of internet explorer 8.0 then your good that's how I got my turbolink to work.

Yeah thats why I bought the dell d610 with xp pro of ebay for <$94. It had a serial connector but i couldn't get it to work. Worked fine with the usb to serial converter.