Trying to get rid of my '84 T-Type

afresh

I know that hot air cars don't do well in the main Cars for Sale area. Is anyone looking for an '84 T-Type?

Engine
-Stock drivetrain with 110,xxx miles.
-Lunati 226/220 cam @ .500 with.411 lift.
-Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator,
-stock replacement 30# fuel injectors
-K&N Cylinder Filter
-Plumbed for EGT and has the probe
-Boost Gauge,
-Head Gaskets replaced less than 5k miles ago.
-Lee Thompson Headers and 3" downpipe.
-Larger Turbo (don't know exact specs the turbo was bought from the Gallina's)

Trans
-Rebuilt by North Racing
-shift kit
-Large Trans cooler
-Level 10 Perfomance 9.5 Inch lockup converter wired for manual lockup
-Column shift has been removed in palce of a B&M Gated shifter.

Other Stuff
-Line lock wired stealthily to Cruise Control Button
-Spool and 4.56 gears in the rear
-30x9 slicks fit great under the rolled fender wells
-AC/Heat removed

Car is clean no rust. Paint is faded, and there is some sun rot in the back seat.

With the above mods the car has gone 13.245 at 91 miles an hour. Tuning caused me to pull out of the throttle at the 1000 foot mark. With some tuning the car could run in the 12's. The car did make this pass at 4000 feet elevation on a summer night.
Time slip from it's only pass recently (5 years ago) The car is started a few times a year.

60'...........................1.922 (6 # launch)
330'.........................5.327
1/8 Mile....................8.181
MPH.........................84.19
1000'.......................10.833
1/4...........................13.254
MPH..........................91.00

The car does need new tires and battery.

I'd like to get around $2200 for the car. The car is located in Utah. If interested email me at afresh@sisna.com

Pics
Video

Thanks for looking!

I love the way my car sounds. It's unique and really is a head turner.

The exhaust, yeah there is none after the downpipe. I have 3" exhaust for it, but it's not under the car.

Maple T Type

I just want to let you guys know that you missed out on a SUPER DEAL here!!!! Super clean car. The body is perfectly straight, no rust, all the body fillers are in tact and it runs pretty darn good for it to have such a big duration cam in it. Not to mention the host of extra Hot Air parts that came with it.

I can't believe you guys slept on this one where in the world can you get a Turbo Buick with all these mods and a freshly rebuilt trans with a Precision converter for this price?!!!!! And to my suprise the paint buffs out perfect. a quick upgrade of the injectors and chip and I'll be at the track by summer running consistent 11's.

The location...

I am sure if the car was back East it would have been grabbed up quickly! The guys would have fought over it.

Glad to see that you are happy with your acquisition. As for the turbo... it is probably close to a TA-33 from my past knowledge on it. They were required to use the stock housing, and it was a rule changer when NHRA tech discovered it had a larger wheel than stock... but no rules were in place at the time to address it. You definitely own a piece of history.

History

Can someone ellaborate on this?

He's probably making light of the fact that the car has one of the Gallina's first upgraded turbos in a stock housing. Her car (Marka) with that turbo went on to break many records in the stock class and once found out caused the rules to be changed for the turbo cars. The fact that I don't have to buy headers, a turbo or a downpipe makes the deal even that much more sweeter, even with the cost to ship the car..........TO THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!

He's probably making light of the fact that the car has one of the Gallina's first upgraded turbos in a stock housing. Her car (Marka) with that turbo went on to break many records in the stock class and once found out caused the rules to be changed for the turbo cars. The fact that I don't have to buy headers, a turbo or a downpipe makes the deal even that much more sweeter, even with the cost to ship the car..........TO THE EAST COAST!!!!!!!

Congrats Pete.
You have a tiger by the tail . . . . :cool:

I had the same car .I put 87 motor back in 91.in 96 did some up grade,the car ran 11.00 at 20psi:(to this day i still miss this car. drunk drive hit me in the rear total the car.:( wish you were closer..

History...

Several of us were the first cadre of the "Hot-Air" section of the board when it was first created, and it is probably overlooked that many of the newer arrivals don't know the earlier history as it went down. ;)

It is awesome to see someone score a clean car.

Thanks Pete!

Although I hadn't done anything with the car recently, I miss it already! I had the car for almost 12 years, it's odd not to see it in my driveway. I don't regret letting it go though, it sounds like Pete is going to have a great time with the car. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Have fun with it Pete!

It's in good hands

Although I hadn't done anything with the car recently, I miss it already! I had the car for almost 12 years, it's odd not to see it in my driveway. I don't regret letting it go though, it sounds like Pete is going to have a great time with the car. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Have fun with it Pete!

Andrew, thank you for helping out and being as flexible with my situation. Don't worry as I said within a month of me getting back to the states the car will be at the track testing your combo so you can get the satisfaction of knowing what it would run. Most of all thank the wife for putting the squeeze on you to get rid of it I know what you mean about missing the car already. Men love their toys even if it's just sitting there.

Later, Pete

Let me know when you get ready to go pete and maybe I'll drag your old t t-type up there.

Jack

My old car

Let me know when you get ready to go pete and maybe I'll drag your old t t-type up there.

Jack

You gonna let me drive it? It'll bring back some memories!!!!!:biggrin: I never got that car in the 12's before it got stolen a couple of 13.10's, on street tires I might add, so I know it is 12 second capable. I just want to complete the mission. I'll be home in June and ready for the track in July. We'll holla then.

Sounds good to me.You know i'll let you get a little seat time in.Plus it's got some ET streets on it now. And it'll have a good bit more power by the time you get back.I'm pulling the motor this week and my dad the machinist is going to work his magic on the heads.:biggrin:So i don't think 12's will be a problem.

Jack