Trying to find my 1st new car

gripsgn

In October 1986, I bought my first new car, 1987 Regal V8 "T" Package Rosewood Metallic. NOT a limited car. Looked just like a Turbo T but had the flat hood and V8.

In 1991 or 1992, I sold my car to get a new truck(like an idiot) and lost track of it until I ran across some old paperwork that had the VIN. My policeman cousin ran the info and I was able find the last two known owners. The latest owner was Kenneth D Ferguson of Corpus Christi, TX. He purchased the car from Charlie D Newman of Victoria, TX.

I did talk to Charlie and he said that when sold the car it had a 406 SB in it and that he raced it. He remembered selling the car to Ken Ferguson and he called me back to let me know that he believed that Ken had passed away. Ken was supposed to have had several hot rods and Charlie was not sure what had happed to all of his toys. I have looked up the obits trying to find some next of kin or anyone that may know what happened to Ken and what happed to the car.

I need some help with this. The VIN on the car is 1G4GJ11Y9HP402930. The last know owner as of 3/7/07 was Kenneth D Ferguson, 6015 Norvel, Corpus Christi, TX 78468. Maybe someone in the Corpus area knew or knows Ken and may even have this car.

My cell number is 318-560-2084 and I can be reached on it at any time. HELP. I would like to have this car back. It has more sentimental value that anything but it would look nice with my 87 GN.

Update---getting closer

Well this is what I have found out so far. Ken Ferguson died Feb 2007. I found his son Douglas and he has no idea what happened to the car. He put me in touch with his dads friends and they have sent me to another guy.

What it comes down to is that Ken sold the car a couple of years ago and the car has not been registered in the new owners name since. His friends told me that the car was set up for the strip and that it was not street legal. Probably why it has not been registered.

From what I gather, the car is still believed to be in the Corpus area.

Good luck, I hope you find it soon, maybe the new owner will be willing to sell it back to you!:smile: