Trying to figure why I have gray interior on my GN

My GN was built in November and also has black lower door panels with the Concert II speakers. I would say your car's a T whether it's theft recovery or just a GN clone without the interior. My buddy has a 85 WH1 Designer's series that he painted completely black. It happens but I wouldn't let it hurt my enjoyment of the car. Try and figure out what model it originally was and change it back if you wish.

Yeah, I've owned 2 extended build GNs, 1 I sold and 1 I still own, and both have black lower door panels.

Get your facts straight...

:D

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Yeah, I've owned 2 extended build GNs, 1 I sold and 1 I still own, and both have black lower door panels.

Get your facts straight...

Frank, Yours is a October build and there are others with November and December build dates. strikeeagle whats your build date? I worded my reply wrong as I meant to say some(not all) late builds have been found with all gray door trims. While I'm on the subject if any body does have a 87 GN with a build after May of 87 with all gray I would like to know. Since PaulRV6 has an 86 we can rule it out as being an extended build. My main goal is to accumulate as much information there is on our cars since so little of this type of information exist as I, personally are more interested in the restoration end as compared to the performance end of our hobby. I myself have saved every piece of paper, have taken thousands of photographs and have saved just about every book and printed material ever printed on G-bodies and more specifically Regals than anybody I know and it is still not enough. And I have been doing this for over the past 25 years, so strikeeagle if you think you have all the facts than you are a better man than me, if not keep your opinion to yourself.
Eric Fisher

Originally posted by PaulRV6
flyingn,
the console (center) is all gray. The lower door panels are gray.

Why does carfax say this is a t-type when the option codes show this is a WE2?

paul
In 1986 the GN was an option(WE2) on the T-Type where in 87 it was its own model. My 86 GN for example reads Buick Regal T-Type Grand National on the original MSO and the first 2 titles(I am the second owner) have it listed as a T-Type so maybe that is why CarFax lists it as one. Crazy question? Does your car have the UW4 concert sound listed on the trunk label? I was wondering why someone would go to the trouble of removing/replacing the interior and leave the original build sheet in the door. One theory might be maybe some one just switched the interiors between a T-Type or maybe a WE4 and your car to make a quick buck because we all know a GN will fetch more money than a T or WE4.

Eric Fisher

Eric, maybe on the really late builds they ran out of black bottoms and used grey WE4 bottoms??

MAYBE someone just liked the grey interior better (I know I do).

I wouldn't sweat it...all the VINs match and you have the WE2 listing - It's a GN with a grey interior. Be happy, you have one the way it should have been done to start with :D !

Hey TF,

I was just bustin' on ya. I figured you'd misstated your information. I wasn't aware that any EB cars had grey LDPs. Both my EBs are/were v-e-r-y late.

On the other hand, if you want to get nasty, let me remind you of a coupe of lines from the movie Top Gun:

CHARLIE
Lieutenant, I have a top secret
clearance. The Pentagon sees to it
that I know more than you.

MAVERICK
Not in this case.