Trying to figure out exhaust for my car.

Sandman_GN85

Someone help me?
I am looking for a loud exhaust system for my car but don't know which to buy. I hear ATR's Single shot system is very loud but there is also another system I saw for 460$ made by a guy that is full 3" mandrel bent with dual flowmasters. Its a 70$ difference between the 2. Has anyone tried a setup like the dual 3" to flowmasters? How loud is the ATR single shot? Thanks

If you like it loud the ATR 3" single shot is the loudest of them all. Our cars don't need back pressure so if cost is concerning you look for a system that has a straight through design. The 2 3/4" dual system from ATR is a awsome set.

ATR single shot is loud, but it sounds a little "Buzzy" @ high rpm. I have Torque Tech 3" dual, and it is loud @ idle and WOT, but does not drone on the highway. I had Hooker system before the 3", and it was a drone miester.

The 3" Torque Tech is always advertised in the back of Hot Rod and Car Craft.

Foolis

I have the Torque Tech 2 1/2" dual setup w/Dynomax Race Magnums. Pretty loud, at idle it made the garage doors rattle :cool: while they were up.

Steve

ATR single shot without a muffler or open the dump & pipe it outsise th car (to pass safety laws).

Originally posted by Sandman_GN85
I am looking for a loud exhaust system for my car but don't know which to buy. I hear ATR's Single shot system is very loud but there is also another system I saw for 460$ made by a guy that is full 3" mandrel bent with dual flowmasters. Its a 70$ difference between the 2. Has anyone tried a setup like the dual 3" to flowmasters? How loud is the ATR single shot? Thanks

There are a bunch of different exhaust systems on the market between a single shot and 3" with dual flowmasters (not exactly what I'd pick). If you are looking for low cost, the hooker set up from jegs is 2.5" madrel bent aluminized duals for around $300. If you are looking for light weight, cottons single shot is a good deal. A 3" dual flowmaster set up for $400+ is neither light weight nor low cost (unless its stainless, but then why would he use flowmasters). Using Ultraflows on a 2.5" dual exhaust will probably give you all the flow you will ever need, without the weight, cost or noise on a dual 3" system.

Jack Cotton also sells a "single shot" type system made out of aluminized steel. $295 with the muffler. And yes it is loud.