Trunklid emblem ?

gusszgs

On the 86/87 T-Type/Turbo-T cars what emblems are correct from the factory. Left side - 3.8 SFI TURBO
Right side - BUICK (only) or BUICK REGAL

I have a feeling the Regal emblem is not supposed to be there. Also, does anyone know approx how far the Buick emblem should be in from the edge of the lid? Mine is about 6.5 to 6.75" from the right side edge. Thanks, Jim

While I own a GN and not a T-Type, if I remember correctly it should be Buick only on the right trunk lid and Regal on the rear quarter panel.

3.8 SFI TURBO on the left(drivers) side. BUICK on the right. There is no Regal nameplate on the trunk lid.

Attachments

• WE4 Trunk Lid.jpg
    WE4 Trunk Lid.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 271
While I own a GN and not a T-Type, if I remember correctly it should be Buick only on the right trunk lid and Regal on the rear quarter panel.

Actually the Regal on the rear quarters was not always applied. I believe its only there on the Limiteds, or on cars with Limited interiors.

I had a limited T and it had Regal on the side. My buddy had a WE4 and it did not, also my other T didnt have Regal on the sides.

Actually the Regal on the rear quarters was not always applied. I believe its only there on the Limiteds, or on cars with Limited interiors.

I had a limited T and it had Regal on the side. My buddy had a WE4 and it did not, also my other T didnt have Regal on the sides.

Seen & owned some regular T's with Regal also on it. I see the Blue Limited emblem on some regular regals in the sail panels as well behind the quater glass.

Ok Eric what was up with that? Btw Nice pic of a we-4 you found.:cool:

Thanks guys. Time to get the fishing line out.:rolleyes: :D

Good choice. Goof Off is also good at getting the leftover glue residue off too.

BTW- 87 base Regal here with T package and chrome trim. My car has the Blue square emblems on the sides of the vinyl top pillars and Regal emblems on the rear quarters. It is not a Limited (confirmed by VIN as I have orig window sticker) but looks just like one from exterior. Interior has buckets, console with floor shift. Oddball car but I like it.

On the placement measurements for the rear deck emblems, if you have Kirban's book it's in there. If you don't, PM me and I can share after looking it up.

That's just a pic I borrowed off eBay some time back. Just stuff I put on the hard drive for use as a reference.

Those blue Regal emblems along with the square escutcheon around the trunk lock are used on the Regals without the W02 blackout trim. If you have chrome(bright) moldings than you should have those emblems on your car.

That's just a pic I borrowed off eBay some time back. Just stuff I put on the hard drive for use as a reference.

Those blue Regal emblems along with the square escutcheon around the trunk lock are used on the Regals without the W02 blackout trim. If you have chrome(bright) moldings than you should have those emblems on your car.

Ok what about Regal on the quater panels? Why some do & some don't?

Ok what about Regal on the quater panels? Why some do & some don't?

I'm guessing the ones that don't have been removed at some time or another? Interesting thing. I just checked the 44W catalog and for 1987 Regal it says those Regal quarter nameplates are on all cars without the B94 code on the SPID label. B94 is the square "T" emblem on the fender and we all know every LC2 car built in 87 has that code. Hmmm? I wonder if some assembly line workers were following the instructions and some weren't. Or if there is an error in the catalog?:confused:

In my case they just added what looked cool. No rhyme or reason. Maybe what the VP wanted is what he got?

I'm guessing the ones that don't have been removed at some time or another? Interesting thing. I just checked the 44W catalog and for 1987 Regal it says those Regal quarter nameplates are on all cars without the B94 code on the SPID label. B94 is the square "T" emblem on the fender and we all know every LC2 car built in 87 has that code. Hmmm? I wonder if some assembly line workers were following the instructions and some weren't. Or if there is an error in the catalog?:confused:

I'm thinking catalog error.
I have a bunch here & am going to start to see what rhyme or reason there was by code options. It's not something that will be done quickly. Only reason I asked is I have a low mileage white/ Gray interior/black out T with Regal on it & it just looks out of place. Had plenty of cars like that with no Regal emblem.
I thought in the past only chrome trim regals had Regal or Limited on the quarter.
What was the SPID code for the regal emblem? or was there 1?

My 86 T-Type with blackout trim had/has the 'Regal' on the rear quarters... and I've had a 'relationship' :rolleyes: with my car since it was new... :)

I'm thinking catalog error.
I have a bunch here & am going to start to see what rhyme or reason there was by code options. It's not something that will be done quickly. Only reason I asked is I have a low mileage white/ Gray interior/black out T with Regal on it & it just looks out of place. Had plenty of cars like that with no Regal emblem.
I thought in the past only chrome trim regals had Regal or Limited on the quarter.
What was the SPID code for the regal emblem? or was there 1?

Is it possible that late in the 87 production run they were running out

Quick and short, I do believe that the Turbo T 'Limited' models had the trunk badge you speak of on the decklid. I've seen a few of them at least. The straight Turbo "T" cars did not have the trunk enblem emblem you speak of. The Limited's had them, I believe.

Is it possible that we're getting confused about what is a Turbo "T" and a Regal Limited Turbo? I think I remember that the Regal Limited Turbo models came without a rear spoiler, but did have the square badge around the decklid keylock area.

The hardish-to-find Turbo "T" cars did not come with that emblem and did have a rear spoiler. I'm just trying to concentrate on the rear end for the moment. Weren't all Turbo "T" cars a solid color (Black, White, Grey/Silver, etc)? The car in question here is two-tone, which leads me to beleive that it's a 'Regal Limited - Turbo' model which as I recollect did have the trunk keylock badge. I'm just basically going by what I've seen in person. Doesn't mean I'm right. This is a good history lesson for us all. :)

Best,

Eric McCann