Trunk Kits for cars w/ NO Spare Tire or Jack - Request

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I was wondering if someone would do trunk kits for cars that did not have/use a spare tire & jack? What would need to be done would be a reversed driver side panel & extend the floor carpet/cover over the spare well area with a panel. I know there is a pretty big demand out there for the guys that removed weight from their car and they do not what to use a trunk kit that has the cover for the spare tire & the kit does not look right if you don't use the cover. There is even a lot of the guys that are doing custom steroes would like something like this as they want to free up room by removing the spare tire as well.

Truly there are a very high percentage of our cars hauled when going long distances so the demand for a small spare tire is not there.

I was wondering if someone would do trunk kits for cars that did not have/use a spare tire & jack? What would need to be done would be a reversed driver side panel & extend the floor carpet/cover over the spare well area with a panel. I know there is a pretty big demand out there for the guys that removed weight from their car and they do not what to use a trunk kit that has the cover for the spare tire & the kit does not look right if you don't use the cover. There is even a lot of the guys that are doing custom steroes would like something like this as they want to free up room by removing the spare tire as well.

Truly there are a very high percentage of our cars hauled when going long distances so the demand for a small spare tire is not there.
You mean like this? I do these myself here in our garage and if someone is interested in one all they have to do is bring the car here for the day and I will install it myself. It takes awhile to do and it's not easy that's the only reason why it was never made into a kit to sell because of the steps in wich each patern is glued in. Everything is glued down so nothing is loose. I'm in the process of re-doing my white T-Type trunk right now and I made it a tad better this time around by dynamating the trunk area so it has some sort of padding there and sound deadening.

Attachments

• our digital pictures 709.jpg
    our digital pictures 709.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 285
  • our digital pictures 707.jpg
    our digital pictures 707.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 276
  • our digital pictures 708.jpg
    our digital pictures 708.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 274

Our trunk carpet kits have a flap that can be turned into the spare tire well or be flipped flat under the main carpet. If you welded over your opening the flap could just be cut off.

GBodyParts.com Online
The kit for $149.95 shows with & with out a roll bar being used. With a spare & with out the spare.

You mean like this? I do these myself here in our garage and if someone is interested in one all they have to do is bring the car here for the day and I will install it myself. It takes awhile to do and it's not easy that's the only reason why it was never made into a kit to sell because of the steps in wich each patern is glued in. Everything is glued down so nothing is loose. I'm in the process of re-doing my white T-Type trunk right now and I made it a tad better this time around by dynamating the trunk area so it has some sort of padding there and sound deadening.

That's awesome, how did you glue it down? I have the gbodyparts deluxe trunk carpet kit, but its just sitting in there. I'd like to glue the floor down like you have shown.

That's awesome, how did you glue it down? I have the gbodyparts deluxe trunk carpet kit, but its just sitting in there. I'd like to glue the floor down like you have shown.
Thanks!

Simply go to your local auto parts store and buy the 3M "General Trim Adhesive" and glue. The back of the material and the trunk in a spider web pattern and let tack dry for 3-5 minutes then stick down.

PS: Don't get the ''Super Trim Adhesive" IT'S GARBAGE!! The spray pattern is totally different and the holding strength sucks!

Scot W.