truck ???

i'm looking at a 04 2500hd extended cab4x4 with 138,000 miles for 9000.00,also looing at one with 79k its same as above but its a slt with a rebuilt title

great motor mine has 359,000 miles in an 07 express van had it since new and been runnin synthetic amzoil changin every 25,000 miles...ive replaced the water pump while under warranty and just recently the alternator ..I actually still have the original iridum plugs and just this week got a slight misfire while idling so im changin plugs this weekend...no other probs so far.....

The only issue I've seen on them is for some reason the #6 injector seems to clog up. It's the only one that does it though so keep using some sort of injector cleaner once a month.

i'm looking at a 04 2500hd extended cab4x4 with 138,000 miles for 9000.00,also looing at one with 79k its same as above but its a slt with a rebuilt title

I love my truck. 04' 2500 HD Ext Cab 4x4 with about 60k miles. Replaced brakes, batteries and alternator. Glad to know that it is still worth something.:)

they suck so bad that i want one to put in my hybrid 87 GMC/79 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4 junk hauler and my 74 Monte Carlo cruiser..

i bought one today,i found a 2006 z-71 1500 lt with 11,000 miles on it,i wanted a 2500hd with the 6.0 but i found this truck locally for $12,500.00,it sure does not have the power that my powerstroke had,but it will do.i see the 5.3 is rated at 295hp and the 6.0 is 300hp is this true?is it worth getting a programmer and cold air kit?

i bought one today,i found a 2006 z-71 1500 lt with 11,000 miles on it,i wanted a 2500hd with the 6.0 but i found this truck locally for $12,500.00,it sure does not have the power that my powerstroke had,but it will do.i see the 5.3 is rated at 295hp and the 6.0 is 300hp is this true?is it worth getting a programmer and cold air kit?

Don't bother with a programmer. Go straight for a Wester's Tune. Have them remove the torque management in the tranny. It will feel like a whole new truck.

My old truck was a ext cab z-71 with the 5.3, went from dog to :eek: with that tune. I ran circles around a friend with the exact same truck and a diablo programmer.

Best thing is that if you ever sell the vehicle, they will re-tune it to stock and then tune your new vehicle for $45.

if i go for a westers tuns how do you go about chnging settings?if you tow,run 87 octane,how do you change settings for these things?

On the Westers tune, you can get a dual octane tune, ive always gone with 89-91 hot tune. Towing, just leave the tow button function and use it (they have option to use it as race mode). 5 out of the 6 trucks ive seen tuned have towed a turbo buick without a prob - this includes my old 5.3, a suburban with a 5.3, a c3 with a 6.0, and two sierra denalis with the 6.2. If you decide to try it, butch hangs out on the denali trucks message boards so you can find him over there. Ive always used Bryan out of Dallas because hes local to me, but Butch is the main guy, not just a dealer. CJH and headstrong3157 will testify for em too.

I think this question is very dificult for me.Because both trucks are mind blowing and awesome in there respective places.If you will talk about performance, features everything they are superb in there respective places.

I don't have as many miles as some of you, but I do like the power of the 345 horses my truck came with.