troubles with 700 R4

83ttypecooled

Hi,
This is off the general topic transmission, but I have this beater Firebird, an '86 with V6 and a 700 R4,which I hope someone can help me with. I attempted a rebuild on this trans,and I am sorry I did. It was pretty much toast when I got into it,and replaced lots of hard parts,in addition to the standard clutches and seals. I went through the valve body the best I knew how. Replaced one really bad planetary set,and all the snaprings and such. I also replaced the converter and resealed the pump.
Unfortunately,the result of all my efforts was pretty poor, as the car has been behaving strangely since. It acts as if it has a bad governor,and I am pretty sure the governor is good. It has delayed upshifts, will not shift into OD except when I repeatedly WOT it, and has no detent shifts whatsoever.
I have no idea what is going on here. I hope someone on this board does. Thanks for any ideas you have.

Any time there is a hard part failure is this transmission, the valve body should be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. Sounds like the throttle valve is sticking.