Trip 2 Norwalk report

Sam Colalillo

low 9's w/ a 109
That was the best racing I have seen so far. I am glad I got up early Sunday and made the drive over to Norwalk.

The Cruz missile is awesome, and excellently detailed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It lays down a number on every pass, but there were several cars in TSM in my opinion worth mentioning.

Tim Lemay’s Indiana banana is my 7 year old son’s favorite car. Kevin B gets my vote for best dollar per horse power. The car was running well this weekend. Scott Simpson ran his personal best and added himself to the 9 second club. Congrats to him.

Steve Hughes has one of the most Beautiful GN’s in the Midwest. I was a little confused when I saw the “O” on TSO missing from the windshield. When I looked under the hood and saw the 109 I was starting to figure out what was going on.

Jason Whites car proves that Buick owners are some of the most innovative people in the world. Looking at his home made waste gate actuator (which seems to be preventing the violent wheel stands very well) proves this statement.

Enough about the TSM cars, the racing was exciting to watch. Jason White vs. Steve Hughes. I know Jason is a terror on the tree, so when I saw Steve’s car jump out right away I thought “Ah man he red lighted”, but then I saw the green bulb and I was pleasured with being able to watch some real close racing. It sounded like Steve’s car was hitting 8,000 RPM as he stayed ahead of Jason and took the win light. I watched the missile put all those DLS engine parts to good use. It looked like a nice and easy ten second launch that blasted his car down the track at just under 150 MPH with a low, low 9 second ET. My Jaw just hit the bleacher step. Then Don meets Steve Hughes in the final and takes the win.

TSO was also exciting. It’s like the two fastest cars are fighting with a handicap. Dave is using Drag radials, and Ted is not using stage 2 heads.

Yes I was confused when I looked under the hood of Ted’s car. I thought to myself, is this Ted A’s car, it can not be, it has these little heads on it. Then I learn that it is his car, wow what shocker.

Then I see Dave and Natalie Fiscus. Natalie finishes the lesson she gave my wife in Bowling Green on how to pack a chute. Dave is so lucky to have her help. Then he pulls the slicks off his car and puts the Drag radials on. I am wondering to myself, does he need to make quick trip into town with his car, or is he going to race it on drag radials.

The Harrington car which is for sale was also running really well. Nine teens on it first trip to a strip is not too shabby in my opinion. Hope they don’t sell it, I would love to see them race it at some more events.

The new color on the Brian Weavy G body parts machine looks good. I think they call it transmission fluid red, or is that torch red, oh no that is the trans fluid that came out of the car. Hopefully they can find time to do some tweaking on that car, it has potential.

Chris Lyons fights the Norwalk Gremlins again this year. His car was running consistent high 8 second passes. It was proving to be a dominant car in TSO. Then those gremlins finally found his car and Chris shows every body that a fire suppression system is definitely worth every penny. He made Dave run his car hard in the finals.

TSO and TSM racing definitely proved to be exciting. Those cars are flying. Any one that is on the fence about coming to one of these events has to come and see these cars. The cars are awesome but I believe the BUICK community is the best in the Nation.

Sam,

Thanks for the excellent write up.
Us left coasters really appreciate it!