trim paint

Trim black. If you can't find it I repainted ALL of my trim with semi gloss black. Neither gloss or flat look correct. Semi looks alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The front and back windshield trim (3 pieces each) were not painted. Metal had some kind of black covering (plastic?) laminated to it. I removed and painted the trim on my 87 GN when I had the car repainted. But, upon close inspection of the wind shield trim, I discovered the lamination and mine were in good enough condition that I did not paint them.

Mel

im in the process of getting my car painted and all the trim has been done and the car is next to be painted. but i thought i was reading that the grill is supposed to be satin black, is this correct. the person before me had everything painted in gloss black so this is the reason im asking. thanks

Perfect match for all the trim on a GN...

SEM39143.jpg

I have painted my grille and bezels with Satin Black before and wasn't happy I think Semi Gloss Black is closest to the factory Trim black. Just my opinion. I would get the trim black but semi gloss looks good too. Just my $0.02

IMO the SEM trim paint is too flat. Duplicolor in a rattle can from AutoZone is a nice match. Anything in a rattle can won't be as durable as a catalized automotive clear. I've been thinking about playing with flattening agent in a two or three part clear. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions.