Transporter suggestions...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
NE1 have suggestions as to who may be a RELIABLE, PROMPT transporter??
May have a car to move from PA to ATL..

TIA,

Stay away from Direct Connect at all costs. I just had them ship my D84 Limited from MI to MT, and wound up having to go to WA to pick up the car. Horrible experience.

Unlike Chuck who's shipping N->S, I'm looking for W->E. Not to hijack, maybe he and I can benefit from a single thread.

Anyone have experience with the several companies that will send a direct quote from an online form?

I've just gotten quotes from;

US Direct

All Coast Auto

Ship Your Car Now --really? They even called...

Easy Car Move Inc.

Stateway Auto Transport

I'm looking San Diego, CA to Beaumont, TX. The guy I bought my car from was SUPPOSED to deliver it, but has since backed out 2 months after the purchase. Anybody out there heading this way?

I used Trusty Transport shipping my GN from Iowa to Atlanta. Door to door and it was less than a grand but that was back in 2003ish.

I used Pilot Transport to ship my Camaro from Oklahoma to their yard in Brighton MI. Very good service, reseasonable price, enclosed hauler and garage stored till I picked it up at their yard.

Yup, the seller decided to deliver it - 1900 miles with the front wheels on a two wheel dolly and the driveshaft still connected. I'm pretty sure I'll find the trans trashed when I get it running! :rolleyes:

I bought a car in New York and live in indiana. I tried several companies and after many broken promises (even after paying them) I ended up hooking the trailer up and just going and getting it myself.
As my luck worst damn ice storm hit New York and northern Ohio on the way home, nothing like ice, mountains, 10mph and 600 miles to make you want to scream.
Good luck though.