Transmissions for Stage Motor

WH1Driver

I was wondering what Trans you guys are running behind your stage motors. I know manuals aren't good for a stock GN motor but do any of you guys run them with a stage motor?

A friend of mine ran a billet 2004 R trans with his S1 mill. 133 mph and no problems.:D

Nathan,

I would tell you that it depends on the H.P level. Every car I've seen is either running a highly modified 2004r with all the goodies or a turbo 400. I would tell you that somewhere about 800 H.P. and around 10 flat in a full weight car is where the 200 is at the end of it's road. At that point you can either rebuild the 2004r on a regular basis or put it a 400. Currently I have a 2004r in my own car but have already built a 400 to replace it the next time I have it out.

Neal

I'm quite sure this has been asked before, but I've missed it.
Why is it that none of the guy's are running a glide? I would think there is more than enough low-mid and top end power to take advantage of one? Or maybe I'm really off base here?

:cool:

TH400 here.

There was a S2 car in here for sale in Texas that had a glide in it, it was bad ass!

Powerglide over here.

I'm running a glide. My car is a lightweight car though, roughly 1900# without me. I'm using a Coan 5 clutch forward / 5 clutch reverse with a bracket style brake. Also using a Coan 8" 5100 stall convertor.

Uses appx 15-20 less ponies than a 400 and weighs about 30# less. Also much easier to package since it's so much smaller. I bought a built one and put a JW bellhousing on it, it was originally a Chevy bellhousing.

There is a mustang hybrid with a stock block that uses a glide also. He is in the 9's with it. Chyke is his username on ********

Roger

Originally posted by WH1Driver
I was wondering what Trans you guys are running behind your stage motors. I know manuals aren't good for a stock GN motor but do any of you guys run them with a stage motor?
I'm currently working with Chris from CK transmissions on a Stage II street /strip application that shows promise Its a Ford AOD converstion. Since it is street driven mostly. Were haveing to be picky about shift timing, stall & speedo issues. Once they are sorted out I will post the results. Should be interesting. The orginal Built 200 lasted about 3 WOT attempts before failing.