Transmission

vader-GN

I was wondering if my transmission on my 87 GN was shifting correctly. The first 2 gears shift fine good bang but the last shift will not engage unless I let me foot off the gas or level out. Is this normal? I have had the fluid changed and it does not slip.

Mine does the same damn thing as vader stated,If the tv adj don't work,any other ideas?:confused:

It shift 1st and 2nd fine no slip it just doesn't shift 3rd unless you level off. The speed at that point could be 50 to 55 MPH.

Ok,well mines almost the same,1-2-3 shift no issues,@60-65 sometimes you have to lift of the gas to have it grab 4th gear.But again shifts into the first 3 are not a problem at all,will chirp into 2nd no sweat.Also If you go 1 click towards the firewall will that increase line pressure as well as raise shift points or is away from the firewall to raise pressure?can't remember which way.

Ok,well mines almost the same,1-2-3 shift no issues,@60-65 sometimes you have to lift of the gas to have it grab 4th gear.But again shifts into the first 3 are not a problem at all,will chirp into 2nd no sweat.Also If you go 1 click towards the firewall will that increase line pressure as well as raise shift points or is away from the firewall to raise pressure?can't remember which way.

Moving it toward the firewall increases line pressure and makes the shift points earlier.

Jim

I have to lift my foot just a little bit off the gas for the tranny to go into overdrive, it really doesn't bother me any. Like what was said above,1,2,3, are fine breaks tires loose hitting second effortless and I like the shift points where they are so I'm not messing with the TV cable.