Transmission shield?????

I couldn't make it fit with the linkage an all.. We ended up with a blanket. I have a new one here that is out of the SFI date if your interested.

I couldn't make it fit with the linkage an all.. We ended up with a blanket. I have a new one here that is out of the SFI date if your interested.

How much do you want for it?
What blanket do you recommend?

Thanks!
jp

ever try an put one on ?? Another hard thing was getting the linkage to work.

They are a pain we did one on my Buddies stage Car and had to trim a section out of it to clear the linkage (Not sure that keeps it in spec But Ya know) He has not had any issues at our local track though. :) Blankets are great as long as you dont drive on the street! they hold the heat in the trans bad. I had one on my Chevelle and burned up a trans in 80* Weather will never use one again on a street car.
Grumpy did you get the Shield to work on your car?

Yes i use th200, all other safety equipment bought for car.
Who sells art carr shields? i didint find from web...

You may not. it was the Texas art carr that closed that had them. So you will have to dig up and see, or call the Real Art
Carr and ask.

They are a pain we did one on my Buddies stage Car and had to trim a section out of it to clear the linkage (Not sure that keeps it in spec But Ya know) He has not had any issues at our local track though. :) Blankets are great as long as you dont drive on the street! they hold the heat in the trans bad. I had one on my Chevelle and burned up a trans in 80* Weather will never use one again on a street car.
Grumpy did you get the Shield to work on your car?

NO I didn't . We had a track rental the next day so we just put a blanket on it.. We never had a problem driving 1000's of miles on the street with it. We do have a good trans cooler also.
... Art Carr sells the shields :cool:

California Performance Transmission - Sitemap

I have run one for years on my street car with no problems hitting anything (TH400). Just have to clearance it a bit for the dipstick tube.
Markham-20111127-00356.jpg

Not with the one I had. My brackets were fabbed up off of the pan bolts. I didn't do the bracket that runs across the pan. Just makes installation easier when playing Shade Tree mechanic on your back in the garage.;)

The shield I had was the "real" Art Carr. The thing was a POS. Had to cut a hole for the servo and make a bracket for the linkage.

Cutting sfi shield is not acceptable here in finland. We have follow the rules strictly.
not legal here either. But what are you supposed to do when it will not go on any other way? No one ever got under the car to look any way.