Transmission Pressure problem

mred355

I have a transmission problem and am not sure what the problem is. Seems the pressures are low and the 2-3 shift is mushy. It feels like its slipping some all the time. It is a 200 4 R and I did a pressure check; but not sure what they mean and where to look for the problem. Here are the readings at normal cable adjustment. P) 50#, R) 115#, N) 70#, 4) 70#, 3) 70#, 2) 215#, 1) 210# .... With the cable pulled all the way out readings as follows: P) 175#, R) 260#, N 180#, 4) 170#, 3) 175#, 2) 215#, 1)215#...... Any help would be appreciated:(

What trans code are you running? There is a tag on the rear pass side of trans like this...

Has the trans been overhauled? Any mods to the pump?

Triple post. Someone needs to look onto this thing.

Last edited:
Its a BRF and has been recently rebuilt. The boost valve was replaced because the valve was cocked in the sleve and had to be replaced. The pump and a spacer ahead of the boost valve spring too. I guess the pump might be questionable. Ed

Last edited:
Its a BRF and has been recently rebuilt. The boost valve was replaced because the valve was cocked in the sleve and had to be replaced. Ed

What size valve was put in? Looks like it has a larger rev/boost valve by the higher low and 2 readings. You might try a .500 boost valve with the orings on it. That new one might be small or leaking.

What size valve was put in? Looks like it has a larger rev/boost valve by the higher low and 2 readings. You might try a .500 boost valve with the orings on it. That new one might be small or leaking.

It has a .500" bost valve already

It has a .500" bost valve already

You definitely have a pressure problem. Mine above with the .500 boost valve.

I would drop the pan and pull that boost valve and such out. I would say it might be a overpressure valve prob but you are getting a lot of pressure in low and 2. I'm guessing the slide spring didn't get replaced. But again low and 2 are making pressure so the pump must be working.
Let us know how you do.