Transmission Mount Question

willitell

Naturally Aspirated
Well I was underneath my car last week... And the OEM, Factory installed Tranny mount is in need of replacing.

The car is a '79 Cutlass Supreme, 3.8L V6, TH-350. It's the offset style, I spent a few hours looking online. All I can find is an OEM style rubber one, I mean for $6-$20 it's not bad, but I want something better if it's out there.

I saw the polyurethane one HR parts stuff sells for a 200r4.
So my big question is will this work in my application, without moving the crossmember or switching to a fabbed double hump one? Anyone else had this problem? Anyone make one for a TH350?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Will

I agree, the poly trans mount would be overkill on a NA V6.

If you really want to add urethane somewhere, use HR's driver's side motor mount.

Fair Enough. You guys answered my second question, is it even worth it.

I did mange to figure out that the TR type poly one would fit, both applications use the same mount as per rockauto and autozone. So for future reference, even though i haven't heard from HR, It should fit. I'll let you guys know what I hear from the company,

$6 beats the hell out of $90. I can probably get fresh grade 8 hardware from lowes and still keep the cost under $10.

Thanks, you guys are always here when i have a question.

-Will

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I kept it stock, fresh hardware from lowes and kept the whole job under $12.

Thanks!