Transmission Leak- Where does the Dipstick Tube Attach to the Transmission?

OneBadTT

I've been trying to find my transmission fluid leak. When I get under the car the passenger side of the transmission has several lines going to it. I think 2 are for the transmission cooler (aluminum?) and the third is the TPS. I read that a common problem is the dipstick tube nut can get loose. I can't find where the dipstick tube connects to the transmission though. Is it behind the other lines or does it connect to the transmission in another location?

Passenger side front right behind the lower cooler line.Tv cable also has a ruuber boot like the filler tube that can leak if either ar not seated fully.

theres no nut on dipstick tube unless you're running a Lokar flexible braided dipstick
stock tube just pushes into a grommet and is a couple inches back from the tv cable on the passenger side and the tube is also bolted to the top of trans bellhousing with a 9/16 (3/8-16) bolt through the belhousing into the engine block .

Thanks. I have been using about 2 quarts of transmission fluid a week. Yesterday I put in a quart, pint at a time, and some just dripped (or ran) right back out onto the cardboard under the car. Why would it run back out so fast? I also have smoke coming out from under the car, especially when I am driving.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.