Transmission Fluid

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I dropped the pan tonight and drained all the fluid I could drain...basically how much trans fluid is left in the torque converter and stuff? my main question is I had Type F fluid in there and i used coastal (the cheap stuff)...should I change the fluid to something different like mobil 1 synthetic? what is the best fluid to use that will keep very cool and make the trans shift good and keep it alive...i have already changed the filter and tcc solenoid while i was at it...

Search the trannie section of this site

This subject has been discussed extensively, search for all you would ever want to know.

I use Amsoil, not necessary unless you have high-temperature excursions--which I have.

w/stock pan a dry trannie holds approx. 12 qt.s and you prolly drained out 4. also try searching tractor fluid seems to be the choice of many on here.

i also have a problem...i read that too much of that black soot in the trans pan around the magnet is not good and indicates i need a rebuild...well i guess my trans is REALLY bad because i changed the fluid only 2 months ago and cleaned out the magnet and stuff and i dropped the pan last night and it was fully covered again and also the bottom of the pan was mostly black and the fluid was really thick down there because of it mixing with the black stuff...i guess this means my trans is going...but it still shifts firm and i have had a trans cooler on it for years and i have never had problems with it??? i have only raced it like 15 times...and that was when i was mostly stock