Transmission builder in Fort Worth area

RTR

RTR
Looking for a reliable transmission builder in the Fort Worth Texas area. This is my 17 year old daughters car that has basic mods looking to add alky injection. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey! Im living in Denton for school right now, but my parents live about 5 minutes from Mike in Houston and my car is a regular there.

His transmissions are pricey, but him and his shop are top notch and he knows GNs like the back of his hand. Great guy who stands behind his stuff! He always has cool stuff in his shop though. If you do go there, make him show you his montecarlo and T.

When I get my new shop opened here in Denton Im going to move the GN up here... I miss driving my car and this little cavalier I bought just does not cut it when ya wanna get on 35 with the tires smokin'.

Let me know if you need any more info about Mike or if ya just want to cruise sometime!

Not to take anything away from Mike Kurtz but the guy did ask for someone in the Ft Worth area. No doubt Mike knows his stuff and has a beautiful, state of the art facility.

My other suggestion for the FtWorth area is out in Weatherford. Phoenix Transmissions. Ask for Scott.

High Performance Transmission Products

Thank you guys for the replys I have called Jake Shoe hopefuly he will call back. I am wanting a transmission shop that will do the job turn key so my daughter doesn't have to drive my truck long. The GN is driveable just slips in 2 and 3rd. I figure if I have it rebuilt I might as well add Razors Alky kit so it needs to be upgraded to handle the extra power.

There's someone else who can do it. He is in the Rowlett Area. Awesome work and stands behind his work!

Let me know if that's not to far from you and I will post his contact info.

Dannyo

Danster
Please give me this gentlemans contact info, if Jake Shoe doesn't contact me I need other options. How far is he located mile wise from Fort Worth? Thank You for the help.

I believe Danster is referring to Jack Laswell & yes he does excellent work on our Turbo Buicks. Jack's # is 972-412-7280. I'd say he's about 45 minutes from Ft Worth straight down hwy 30.
The Darkside:cool:

Correct it's Jack Laswell. He knows these cars inside out.

You won't be disappointed with Jack's work!

Dannyo

I'm currently in Iraq and won't be back until July for a short leave. Probably won't be building any units then.

Jake, thank you for your reply and service to our country. God speed and come home safe.